Change chapter numbering into words instead of numbers in Latex

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Qatawna blitz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Academic Latex Thesis
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 3K views
Qatawna blitz
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
I need to write chapter names as (Chapter One, Chapter Two,...) instead of (Chapter 1, Chapter 2, ...), how can I do that?
I need to write chapter names as (Chapter One, Chapter Two,...) instead of (Chapter 1, Chapter 2, ...), how can I do that?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a simple illustration in Python:
Python:
chapters5 = ["Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five"]
print(chapters5)
for index in range(1,6):
    print("Chapter", chapters5[index])

Output:
['Zero', 'One', 'Two', 'Three', 'Four', 'Five']
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Process finished with exit code 0