Changing the language options on your phone.

In summary, the conversation is about changing the language options on a phone to add Simplified Chinese. The person is having trouble finding information and resources online, and is unsure about what a firmware or language pack is and how to install it. They share a website they found but are unsure if it will allow them to type in Chinese or just display Chinese text.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Hey, does anyone know how to change the language options on your phone?

I only get English and French. I would like to add Simplified Chinese to my phone by typing Pin-Yin.

I would love to send chinese messages but obviously I can't.

I searched everywhere, but I'm getting nowhere. I seem to be finding only old dead threads that got nowhere. They link you somewhere and supposedly the links explain things to you but they don't.

I have a Sony Ericsson w810i.

I know I need a language pack. Some people call it firmware? What is firmware and how do you install one? Where to even download one?

Thanks.

Still searching.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yeah, I checked out that website. I found the one for my phone but the description doesn't say anything in regards to being able to type in Chinese only show Chinese text.

Or am I wrong and you can type it in?

1. How do I change the language on my phone?

To change the language on your phone, go to your phone's settings and find the "Language" option. From there, you can select the language you want your phone to use.

2. Can I change the language to one that is not listed on my phone?

It depends on your phone's capabilities. Some phones may have the option to download additional languages, while others may not. Check your phone's settings to see if this is possible.

3. Will changing the language affect my phone's functionality?

No, changing the language on your phone will not affect its functionality. It will simply change the language of the interface and any pre-installed apps.

4. Can I change the language back to the original one?

Yes, you can change the language back to the original one by going to your phone's settings and selecting the original language. If you are having trouble finding the language option, you can use the search function in the settings to quickly locate it.

5. Will changing the language delete any of my data or settings?

No, changing the language on your phone will not delete any of your data or settings. Your phone will remain the same, except for the language of the interface and pre-installed apps.