1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Checkers - rules when one player can't move?

1. Apr 26, 2008 #1
    I was playing checkers today with a friend and the weirdest thing happened. I was black and he was red. I had a black piece situated so that there were no possible moves for his red piece, but i could still make a move. It eventually came down to him having two pieces (one that couldn't move and one that could), and me having two pieces. I destroyed his piece that was able to move and his turn came up, but he couldn't make a single move. What has to happen then? Does red have to forfeit? or is it just a tie?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2008 #2
    Then you have to learn how to play Chess. :smile:

4. Apr 26, 2008 #3

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you don't know the rules, then you look them up, of course! :tongue:

e.g. Wikipedia has a checkers page.

5. Apr 26, 2008 #4
  6. Apr 27, 2008 #5
    thanks for replies

Thanks, I guess I won that game :D.

I do play chess sometimes. The only real reason I play checkers is because whenever I go biking I stop at a small fast food place that has checkers boards painted on the tables :P. It's always a good time to play checkers while drinking shakes.

7. Apr 27, 2008 #6
    There's a place like that near here. Half the tables have checker boards painted on. The other half have chess boards.

8. Apr 27, 2008 #7
    Ah, you're lucky to have chess boards painted on the tables. We have chess and... Tic Tac Toe boards painted on the tables.

9. Apr 27, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

10. Apr 28, 2008 #9
    Sounds like a good place to take your queen for a night.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?