Checkers - rules when one player can't move?

• Thread starter GomezMan91
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I was playing checkers today with a friend and the weirdest thing happened. I was black and he was red. I had a black piece situated so that there were no possible moves for his red piece, but i could still make a move. It eventually came down to him having two pieces (one that couldn't move and one that could), and me having two pieces. I destroyed his piece that was able to move and his turn came up, but he couldn't make a single move. What has to happen then? Does red have to forfeit? or is it just a tie?

Answers and Replies

Then you have to learn how to play Chess. :smile:

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
his turn came up, but he couldn't make a single move.
If you don't know the rules, then you look them up, of course! :tongue:

e.g. Wikipedia has a checkers page.

thanks for replies

If you don't know the rules, then you look them up, of course! :tongue:
Thanks, I guess I won that game :D.

Then you have to learn how to play Chess. :smile:
I do play chess sometimes. The only real reason I play checkers is because whenever I go biking I stop at a small fast food place that has checkers boards painted on the tables :P. It's always a good time to play checkers while drinking shakes.

I do play chess sometimes. The only real reason I play checkers is because whenever I go biking I stop at a small fast food place that has checkers boards painted on the tables :P.
There's a place like that near here. Half the tables have checker boards painted on. The other half have chess boards.

There's a place like that near here. Half the tables have checker boards painted on. The other half have chess boards.
Ah, you're lucky to have chess boards painted on the tables. We have chess and... Tic Tac Toe boards painted on the tables.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ah, you're lucky to have chess boards painted on the tables. We have chess and... Tic Tac Toe boards painted on the tables.
Sounds like a good place to take your queen for a night.