Checking moment diagrams for fixed shelter with vertical and horizontal loads

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
1Lisa
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I had to analyze a shelter with a vertical load and 2 horizontal loads, the picture I added is for a vertical load (eg snowload: action) I needed to draw the moments that are mainly there..(black arrows M1-M8) are they correct?
and it's fixed

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/93454

or is this one correct? I think that this one is more correct:
Momentdirectionshelter.jpg
[/B]
 

Attachments

  • shelter.jpg
    shelter.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Diagram doesn't show where horizontal loads are applied. Diagram 93454 was unobtainable. It would probably help to identify x, y and z axes, and to express forces and moments in relation to those axes. At the end, the various components of force or moment can be combined vectorially.