1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry as a double major with physics

1. May 22, 2010 #1
    I previously started a thread about which major to take and decided to go with physics over astrophysics for my B.S. (lol@bs:tongue2: it always gets me) The school I decided to go to strongly encourages their physics students to minor in another area for more specialization. In reviewing the course requirements I see that it would be almost the same to double major in some areas like mathematics or chemistry (difference of a class or two to a minor). As I enjoy chemistry, I was considering doing a double major with it, but I was wondering how that presents. I want to eventually go into astrophysics. Do you think chemistry is a good double major when continuing to astrophysics as a graduate degree? I'm wondering if it will have any benefits or drawbacks. Is there another double major or minor you would recommend?

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2
    Ah well, I'll just do it anyways because I love chemistry and am so excited about it as a major. SOD any astrophysicist who reviles my BS(lol) in chemistry!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook