Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry as a double major with physics

1. May 22, 2010 #1
    I previously started a thread about which major to take and decided to go with physics over astrophysics for my B.S. (lol@bs:tongue2: it always gets me) The school I decided to go to strongly encourages their physics students to minor in another area for more specialization. In reviewing the course requirements I see that it would be almost the same to double major in some areas like mathematics or chemistry (difference of a class or two to a minor). As I enjoy chemistry, I was considering doing a double major with it, but I was wondering how that presents. I want to eventually go into astrophysics. Do you think chemistry is a good double major when continuing to astrophysics as a graduate degree? I'm wondering if it will have any benefits or drawbacks. Is there another double major or minor you would recommend?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2
    Ah well, I'll just do it anyways because I love chemistry and am so excited about it as a major. SOD any astrophysicist who reviles my BS(lol) in chemistry!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook