1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Questions

1. Mar 7, 2009 #1
    A hydrogen cylinder holds gas at 3.67 atm in a laboratory where the temperature is 25° C. To what will the pressure change when the cylinder is placed in a showroom where the temperature drops to 7° C?

I am having trouble calculating this question. Unsure what equation I need to use. Can anyone help?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

What gas laws do you know?

You should use post template, now I have to ask questions that you should answer in your first post.

4. Mar 7, 2009 #3
    I know Charles law, Boyle's Law, the combined gas law and the ideal gas law PV=nRT

5. Mar 7, 2009 #4
    Begin by listing all of your known values. Just a straight forward before and after listfor each type of measurment (volumes, mass, pressure, temperatures, etc etc) that is given.
    Then take a look at those formulas and see which equations utilize those types of values.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook