Circular Motion Question: Change in Vector Angular Velocity

In summary, the conversation discusses the angular velocity of a particle moving along a circular path with uniform speed, and the angle at which its angular velocity changes when it completes half of the path. The relevant equations are also mentioned.
e-pie
Homework Statement
A particle is moving along a circular path of radius $$r$$ with uniform speed $$v$$ Through what angle does its angular velocity change when it completes half of circular path?
Relevant Equations
$$\vec{v}=\vec{\omega}\times \vec{r}$$
Hi i am e-pie's brother and he let me use his account.Since $$\vec{\omega}$$ is always perpendicular to the plane.Shouldn't this be $$0^o$$?

Physics news on Phys.org
e-pie said:
Problem Statement: A particle is moving along a circular path of radius $$r$$ with uniform speed $$v$$ Through what angle does its angular velocity change when it completes half of circular path?
Relevant Equations: $$\vec{v}=\vec{\omega}\times \vec{r}$$

Hi i am e-pie's brother and he let me use his account.Since $$\vec{\omega}$$ is always perpendicular to the plane.Shouldn't this be $$0^o$$?
Looks right to me.

Thanks.I was so confused.
And the change in $$\vec{v}$$ is $$180^o$$ since the direction changes?

e-pie said:
Thanks.I was so confused.
And the change in $$\vec{v}$$ is $$180^o$$ since the direction changes?
Yes.

1. What is circular motion?

Circular motion is the movement of an object along a circular path, where the distance between the object and a fixed point remains constant. It can occur in both horizontal and vertical planes.

2. What is vector angular velocity?

Vector angular velocity is a vector quantity that describes the rate of change of an object's angular position with respect to time. It is a measure of how fast the object is rotating and in which direction.

3. How does circular motion affect vector angular velocity?

In circular motion, the direction of the object's velocity is constantly changing, which means the direction of the object's angular velocity is also changing. The magnitude of the vector angular velocity remains constant, but the direction changes as the object moves along the circular path.

4. How can the vector angular velocity of an object in circular motion be calculated?

The vector angular velocity of an object in circular motion can be calculated by dividing the change in the object's angular displacement by the change in time. It can also be calculated by multiplying the angular speed (rate of change of angular displacement) by the radius of the circular path.

5. What is the relationship between angular velocity and linear velocity in circular motion?

In circular motion, the linear velocity (tangential velocity) of an object is directly proportional to its angular velocity and the radius of the circular path. This means that as the angular velocity increases, so does the linear velocity, and vice versa.