Classic Cartoons From 1950s & Earlier: Where to Watch Online

• Thread starter ujjwal3097
  • Start date
In summary, I think that classic cartoons are great and they evoke strong emotions in me. I would love to watch them online, but I have not been able to find any that are as old as I want them to be. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.
ujjwal3097
Hi
Today I woke up in the morning and I don't why but I had a craving for the classic cartoons. I still remember about those cartoons that I used to watch whole day during my childhood but they were not as good as cartoon of 1950 or earlier, basically every cartoon before 1995 are better than modern cartoons. Those cartoons were the best. The reason I like these cartoons is that they contains all sorts of weirdness and they also have very appealing picture quality [even though they are half a century old they invoke some emotions in me.]

I want to watch these cartoons online and I am unable to find those classic cartoons on the internet. I tried bunch of site that has cartoons' archives. But they are mostly modern or not as old as I want them to be.

I would be very happy if anyone can recommend some online sites that offer classic cartoons.

thanks,
Ujjwal

Physics news on Phys.org
I grew up on the 80s/90s cartoons. Those are what I call classic :biggrin:

Likes 1oldman2 and cnh1995
Greg Bernhardt said:
Do you know about any specific site?
I actually found one few years back, but I forgot what site it was and now I am not able to find it.:frown::headbang:

Likes ujjwal3097

Likes 1oldman2, Sophia, Silicon Waffle and 2 others
OmCheeto said:

I am definitely watching this one for complete 10 hours.
thanks

Likes OmCheeto
ujjwal3097 said:
Thanks
I think that would do.

:check:

OmCheeto said:

I truly like this a lot.

Likes cnh1995
ujjwal3097 said:
Hi
Today I woke up in the morning and I don't why but I had a craving for the classic cartoons. I still remember about those cartoons that I used to watch whole day during my childhood but they were not as good as cartoon of 1950 or earlier, basically every cartoon before 1995 are better than modern cartoons. Those cartoons were the best. The reason I like these cartoons is that they contains all sorts of weirdness and they also have very appealing picture quality [even though they are half a century old they invoke some emotions in me.]

I want to watch these cartoons online and I am unable to find those classic cartoons on the internet. I tried bunch of site that has cartoons' archives. But they are mostly modern or not as old as I want them to be.

I would be very happy if anyone can recommend some online sites that offer classic cartoons.

thanks,
Ujjwal
Your right about that era's animation the quirky humor is hard to beat. I recommend a quick search on you tube for "Fractured fairy tales" to get you in the mood. follow that up with most anything Chuck Jones did, Classic stuff there. If you want to see the darker side of that era's animation just search you tube for "Flintstones Winston". That's what I would call targeted marketing.

Likes ujjwal3097
Just to be clear, Fractured Fairy Tales was Jay Ward.

Vanadium 50 said:
Just to be clear, Fractured Fairy Tales was Jay Ward.
I hope I didn't leave the impression that I thought Chuck Jones was involved with "Fractured fairy tales" That was most definitely Ward, and Hortons narration was What tied all the humor together. Jones was only mentioned as another example.:smile:

I loooved Teenage mutant ninja turtles :-) The yellow one, Michelangelo was my first love :-)
And they always ate pizza but because it wasn't known here at that time I thought it was only something invented for the cartoon. Imagine my shock when I discovered that pizza actually exists in real life!

Sophia said:
I loooved Teenage mutant ninja turtles :-) The yellow one, Michelangelo was my first love :-)
And they always ate pizza but because it wasn't known here at that time I thought it was only something invented for the cartoon. Imagine my shock when I discovered that pizza actually exists in real life!
I always suspected TMN turtles was a subliminal attempt to engage kids with an aspect of culture (the names at least). Although it may have been a clever marketing tool for the pizza industry, still haven't decided which. :smile:

Likes Sophia and ujjwal3097
Greg Bernhardt said:
It seems every definable era of "toons" has its classics. I like anything from Felix the cat to Rango.:oldcool:

Likes ujjwal3097
OmCheeto said:

That is the good stuff right there! :partytime:

Likes ujjwal3097
https://archive.org/details/animationandcartoons

Watch betty boop "minnie the moocher"

I love the looney toons. Some especially good offbeat ones are:
1949 Dough For The Do-Do
1950 Rabbit Of Seville
1938 Have You Got Any Castles
1946 Great Piggy Bank Robbery, The
1939 Daffy Duck And The Dinosaur
1957 Three Little Bops
1942 Tale of Two Kitties, A

I have the 6 DVD loony toon collection and also the 11 banned looney toons (racism) like 1943-01-16 Clampett - Coal Black & de Sebben Dwarfs
Some of the WWII propaganda tunes are a bit wild, like 1943-05-15 McCabe - Tokio Jokio OR 1944-04-22 - Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips

There some great WWII propaganda cartoons in the Internet Archive.

Likes ujjwal3097
meBigGuy said:
https://archive.org/details/animationandcartoons

Watch betty boop "minnie the moocher"

I love the looney toons. Some especially good offbeat ones are:
1949 Dough For The Do-Do
1950 Rabbit Of Seville
1938 Have You Got Any Castles
1946 Great Piggy Bank Robbery, The
1939 Daffy Duck And The Dinosaur
1957 Three Little Bops
1942 Tale of Two Kitties, A

I have the 6 DVD loony toon collection and also the 11 banned looney toons (racism) like 1943-01-16 Clampett - Coal Black & de Sebben Dwarfs
Some of the WWII propaganda tunes are a bit wild, like 1943-05-15 McCabe - Tokio Jokio OR 1944-04-22 - Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips

There some great WWII propaganda cartoons in the Internet Archive.
You just made my day. the site has very good collection of cartoons.
thanks a lot

I really love looney toons.
even the mickey mouse [earliest production] is just too good.

I think they should start making cartoons like before.

I am making a cartoons archive for me and my friends . Can anyone please tell me how to download any video from the internet.
I use macbook pro 15 2015 edition.

Wiki has rather extensive lists of cartoons.
I only recognize about 20, mainly from 60's.

Likes ujjwal3097 and Silicon Waffle
OmCheeto said:
Wiki has rather extensive lists of cartoons.
I only recognize about 20, mainly from 60's.
I think it will take a lot of time to collect all the classic cartoons

I have the full collection of Looney Tunes cartoons.. They're GREAT!

And there's nothing like learning Physics from Coyote!

Likes ujjwal3097
Rx7man said:
I have the full collection of Looney Tunes cartoons.. They're GREAT!

And there's nothing like learning Physics from Coyote!
Yes! You are right.
and
I used to believe that road runner was the fastest animal in the universe.

ujjwal3097 said:
I am making a cartoons archive for me and my friends . Can anyone please tell me how to download any video from the internet.
I use macbook pro 15 2015 edition.
You can use IDM for Mac.

Coyote can teach you all sorts of stuff about acceleration, and especially gravity! Though I haven't figured out if pianos are heavier than anvils.

Likes ujjwal3097
I'm so old I remember Crusader Rabbit. Just barely, though.

Silicon Waffle said:
You can use IDM for Mac.
But IDM is not supported by all sites.
Only the major sites like youtube, vimeo etc. are supported by IDM
I need a download manager that can download any video from the internet.[I mean any site on the internet.]

Likes Silicon Waffle
Anyone loves the Mickey mouse series where every cartoon character in the series had a wobbly body structure?

ujjwal3097 said:
But IDM is not supported by all sites.
Only the major sites like youtube, vimeo etc. are supported by IDM
I need a download manager that can download any video from the internet.[I mean any site on the internet.]
Could you show me a couple of sites with videos embedded that do not allow IDM to retrieve their resource URLs ?

1. Where can I find classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier to watch online?

There are several options for watching classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier online. Some popular streaming services that offer a selection of these cartoons include Boomerang, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You can also find many classic cartoons on YouTube and various websites dedicated to preserving and sharing vintage cartoons.

2. Are these classic cartoons available to watch for free?

Some classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier may be available to watch for free on certain websites or streaming services, but most will require a subscription or rental fee. It's important to check the terms and conditions of each platform to see if there are any free options available.

3. Can I watch these cartoons on my mobile device?

Yes, many streaming services and websites that offer classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier have mobile apps or are mobile-friendly, allowing you to watch on your smartphone or tablet. However, some may have restrictions or require a certain subscription plan to access their mobile app.

4. Are these cartoons appropriate for all ages?

Many classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier were created for children, but some may contain outdated or potentially offensive content. It's important to research the specific cartoon before watching to ensure it is appropriate for your age group.

5. Can I download these cartoons to watch offline?

Some streaming services and websites may offer the option to download classic cartoons from the 1950s and earlier for offline viewing. However, this may only be available with certain subscription plans or for an additional fee. It's best to check with the platform for their specific policies on downloading content.