Cleaning My Car Glass that damaged from Phosphate plant

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
ahmadnahla
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello Gentlemen,

I am working In phosphate plant with a lot of chemical fumes produced from the Process area.

Due to Iodine and Florine gases, my car glass is damaged (corrosion) and i barley can see while I am going home.:frown:

Please help me to find any Chemical Compound that helps to clean my car Glass.

Thank you in Advance:smile:
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
As you say, the glass is not dirty, it's damaged. Cleaning only works if it's dirty. You need to replace it.
 
Thanks for your Reply,,

you mean It cannot be cleaned ?? because its corroded only not actually damaged
 
I'm just going by what you are telling me. If you are telling me it's not dirty, it's damaged, I'm going to reply that cleaning it isn't the answer.
 
ahmadnahla said:
its corroded only not actually damaged

Corroded means its surface is etched, that's damaged by me.
 
Get some glass polish (or jewelers rouge), a drill and polishing ball. Mother's or MaGuires makes both. Do not stay in one place very long or you will distort the glass. You will probably not get all of the etching out, but you can improve on the situation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd