Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cleaning My Car Glass that damaged from Phosphate plant

1. Apr 24, 2016 #1
    Hello Gentlemen,

I am working In phosphate plant with a lot of chemical fumes produced from the Process area.

Due to Iodine and Florine gases, my car glass is damaged (corrosion) and i barley can see while im going home.:frown:

Please help me to find any Chemical Compound that helps to clean my car Glass.

Thank you in Advance:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2016 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

As you say, the glass is not dirty, it's damaged. Cleaning only works if it's dirty. You need to replace it.

4. Apr 24, 2016 #3
    Thanks for your Reply,,

you mean It cannot be cleaned ?? because its corroded only not actually damaged

5. Apr 24, 2016 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm just going by what you are telling me. If you are telling me it's not dirty, it's damaged, I'm going to reply that cleaning it isn't the answer.

6. Apr 24, 2016 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Corroded means its surface is etched, that's damaged by me.

7. Apr 26, 2016 #6
    Get some glass polish (or jewelers rouge), a drill and polishing ball. Mother's or MaGuires makes both. Do not stay in one place very long or you will distort the glass. You will probably not get all of the etching out, but you can improve on the situation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted