Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases

• Thread starter new6ton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, these three phrases are: - "Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind."- "‘Mankind.’ That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom … Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution … but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist."- "We're going to
new6ton
What are the favorite or touching phrases you have ever heard in movies? Mine is that scene in Phantom of the Opera:

Christine:

"Pitiful creature of darkness
What kind of life have you known?
God give me courage to show you,
You are not alone."

Who wrote that line anyway?

What's yours?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh there are so many floating in my head. Just yesterday I found youtube for one of my favorite: ad hoc ad loc and quid pro quo...so little time ...so much to know...

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Likes dRic2 and hutchphd
I sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Likes davenn, jtbell and Bystander
Joe: My mistake. Four coffins...

Likes DEvens, Rubidium_71, davenn and 2 others
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.

Likes davenn
BillTre said:
I sorry Dave, I can't do that.
Lol. . . I'm sorry Bill, but I think the correct quote went. . . like this . . 😉

Likes davenn, pinball1970 and BillTre
On the off chance I happen to be wrong, Bill. . . then, of course . . :DD

Likes davenn and BillTre
OK:
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Last edited:
Likes davenn, nuuskur and OCR
  • Wow
Likes BillTre
There are many good quotes from movies, but I want to take the opportunity to honor one of the kings of funny one-liners, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some famous Arnie quotes:

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."
- from Predator. That sounds pretty logical.

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."
- From Terminator 2, said by the terminator to a biker guy in a biker bar full of other biker guys.

"Consider that a divorce."
- from Total Recall, after he kills his fake wife.

"See you at the party, Richter!"
- from Total Recall, after his enemy Richter falls to his death from an elevator.

"Let off some steam."
- from Commando, after he kills a man by impaling him on a steam pipe.

"Stay thy hand, fair prince!" (said by someone else to Hamlet)
"Who said I'm fair?"
- from Last Action Hero, where Schwarzenegger plays Hamlet in a hilarious dream sequence. I actually quite like some scenes in the Last Action Hero, particularly the Hamlet scene, but the movie was not a very well received movie.

"To be or not to be? Not to be."
- from Last Action Hero, after Hamlet blows up the castle. 😄

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays Hamlet in "Last Action Hero":

Last edited:
  • Love
Likes Klystron, pinball1970, davenn and 1 other person
I only remembered two phrases in two movies (by heart), mostly romantic. The second one is from Runaway Bride:

"I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart, you're the only one for me"

It's even better when you help.

DennisN said:
Some famous Arnie quotes:
..., and, "I'll be back."

Likes davenn, pinball1970 and DennisN
OCR said:
Ha! Fixed it again.
(should be a movie line)

BillTre said:
Ha! Fixed it again.
Ah, very good. . . and .

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

This is the actual quote from the movie in question, which is a paraphrase from the book that the movie was based on.

Likes DennisN
"Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn."

Likes Klystron, davenn, phinds and 2 others
“Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!”

• Love
Likes mathwonk, DEvens, Klystron and 6 others
jtbell said:
“Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!”

Likes jtbell and DennisN
We're going to need a bigger boat.

Likes davenn, dRic2, phinds and 3 others
This is a third phrase I'll not forget. I'm looking for moving or touching phrases, something no future android or AI can't utter because they don't have a soul (source of abstract ideas).

This is from Independence Day:

“Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind.”

“‘Mankind.’ That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom … Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution … but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist.”
“And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: ‘We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!’ Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”

• Love
Likes davenn and pinball1970
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Likes Mondayman and OCR
"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"
"Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

Vanadium 50 said:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no
point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine. . . .😒

Last edited:
Likes WWGD and Vanadium 50
BillTre said:
OK:
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
"Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it."

Likes Klystron, davenn, OCR and 2 others
"Oh. My. God. It's dip!"

gmax137 said:
We're going to need a bigger boat.
One of THE best quotes from a totally awesome film.

One of my favourite film quotes is when Ben Sharkey confronts the Bikers below
From 1.47-1.52 but the clip gives a bit of context

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes sysprog and DennisN
Saddest? 'Its happening.' great film.

"I'm going to have to science the s#i! outta this."

Likes BillTre and pinball1970
gleem said:
"I'm going to have to science the s#i! outta this."
Did anyone else look for holes in the science?

Anyway.

'Get away from her you b1tch!'

'You were my brother Charlie you shuda looked out for me a little bit, you shuda taken care of me a little bit. so I wouldn't have had to take those cheap dives for the short end money. I could have had class, I could have been a contender, I could have been somebody. instead of a bum which is what I am.'

Likes mathwonk and Klystron
Spread the word.
Get on the wire to every squadron
around the world.
Tell them how to bring
those sons of b1tches down.

<h2>1. What is a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?</h2><p>A "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" is a compilation of memorable and iconic lines from various movies. It can be created by an individual or a group of people who have a passion for movies and want to share their favorite quotes with others.</p><h2>2. How are the phrases selected for a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?</h2><p>The selection process for a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" is subjective and varies depending on the person or group creating it. Some may choose to include only popular and well-known quotes, while others may include more obscure but meaningful lines. Ultimately, the goal is to include phrases that have resonated with the creators and have made an impact on them.</p><h2>3. Can anyone contribute to a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can contribute to a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" as long as they have a passion for movies and a desire to share their favorite quotes. Many collections are created collaboratively, allowing multiple people to add their own favorite phrases to the compilation.</p><h2>4. What makes a movie phrase worthy of being included in a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?</h2><p>A movie phrase may be considered worthy of inclusion in a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" if it has become a popular or iconic quote that is recognized and referenced by many people. It may also be included if it holds personal significance to the creator or if it effectively captures the essence of the movie it is from.</p><h2>5. Are there any benefits to creating or using a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?</h2><p>Creating or using a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" can have several benefits. It can serve as a source of inspiration, entertainment, and nostalgia for movie lovers. It can also be a way to connect with others who share similar interests and spark discussions about favorite movies and their impact. Additionally, it can be a useful resource for finding quotes for speeches, presentations, or social media posts.</p>

1. What is a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?

A "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" is a compilation of memorable and iconic lines from various movies. It can be created by an individual or a group of people who have a passion for movies and want to share their favorite quotes with others.

2. How are the phrases selected for a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?

The selection process for a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" is subjective and varies depending on the person or group creating it. Some may choose to include only popular and well-known quotes, while others may include more obscure but meaningful lines. Ultimately, the goal is to include phrases that have resonated with the creators and have made an impact on them.

3. Can anyone contribute to a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?

Yes, anyone can contribute to a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" as long as they have a passion for movies and a desire to share their favorite quotes. Many collections are created collaboratively, allowing multiple people to add their own favorite phrases to the compilation.

4. What makes a movie phrase worthy of being included in a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?

A movie phrase may be considered worthy of inclusion in a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" if it has become a popular or iconic quote that is recognized and referenced by many people. It may also be included if it holds personal significance to the creator or if it effectively captures the essence of the movie it is from.

5. Are there any benefits to creating or using a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases"?

Creating or using a "Collection of Favorite Movie Phrases" can have several benefits. It can serve as a source of inspiration, entertainment, and nostalgia for movie lovers. It can also be a way to connect with others who share similar interests and spark discussions about favorite movies and their impact. Additionally, it can be a useful resource for finding quotes for speeches, presentations, or social media posts.