1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College-level STEM competitions, fairs and olympiads

1. Sep 23, 2015 #1
    I've been interested in participating in some kind of college-level international/national STEM competitions (single or team), fairs (research based) or olympiads mainly because I never had in high school and want to experience it, but I've noticed in my search that 95% of these types of competitions are for high school. Do you guys have any suggestions for such competitions, or perhaps a link to some kind of resource for finding them?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2015 #2
    The Putnam competition is a math competition that takes place every December on the first Saturday. If you're into pure math, take it. It's quite difficult (I took it last winter and got 12/120). It's quite highly regarded in terms of college-level math competitions.

4. Sep 23, 2015 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you're in or willing to travel to Canada I would recommend taking part in the Canadian Undergraduate Physics Conference.

Another option is to get involved with research on some level and see about attending a conference in that field. Often, conferences will have reduced fees for students.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook