1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complementing my Management Sciences/Operations Research

1. May 6, 2015 #1
    Hey there, I am an undergraduate student doing Management Sciences. I love my subjects, the courses and projects. However I personally feel I should choose a minor to complement my major. As Management Sciences/OR deals "problem solving" at the core and does not "specialize" into a specific domain such as Computer Science/Finance...I want to know what can be possible domains to complement my major and how would my MS/OR learning would help/impact my choice of domain.... I have so far selected three domains but I am unsure as how exactly will they be useful and what's hold in the future for these fields with respect to O.R

1. Finance

2. Economics

3. Computer Science

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2015 #2

CalcNerd

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

All three would work well with your program. Your weakest tie in is #3. Computer Science. You might consider manufacturing methods or Statistics (statistical process controls) (if they are offered) as better options (My opinion only, I hate finance, and Economics seems bland, so of course I would offer this advice.) :biggrin:

4. Jul 12, 2015 #3
    Thankyou so much. Well unfortunately there is no manufacturing methods course being offered at our university however there are courses of advanced statistical analysis and Dynamical Systems. I personally want to blend my OR knowledge and its algorithms with the rigorous approach of CS in designing and applying Algorithms.

Anyone else if they could please share their opinion? Thankyou

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook