Complicated, or just tricky, modern physics problem

In summary, a pogo stick with a negatively charged particle emitting a photon causes a current in a circuit with a loud speaker, which creates a sound wave that diffracts through a double slit. The value of d in the double slit determines the compression of a spring, which determines the speed of an electron approaching a uranium-238 atom undergoing beta decay. The escaping particle has equal but opposite velocity to the electron and collides with it, resulting in two gamma rays. The net momentum of the gamma rays is 0 due to conservation of momentum.
UltrusViderat
This is not homework, my friend sent this to me randomly and told me to solve and idk...

"A pogo stick, ****ing one sideways, is oscillating at a frequency of 700 THz with a negatively charged particle emitting a photon which then collides with a photoelectric cell with a negligible work function causing a current in a circuit with a loud speaker with a total resistance of 10 ohms which emits a sound wave which diffracts through a double slit with a separation of 2, a gap width of .5 and a length of 100 m, where the value of d determines the x of the compression of a spring which, after release, determines the speed at which an electron approaches a uranium-238 atom which spontaneously under goes positive beta decay, and the escaping particle has the equal but opposite velocity of the electron which then collides with it, resulting in two gamma rays.

What is the net momentum of the gamma rays? and why?"

I said 0 because of conservation of momentum but, idk

Physics news on Phys.org
UltrusViderat said:
I said 0 because of conservation of momentum but, idk
I'd say you were correct. (The rest of the problem statement is just a smoke screen, mostly nonsense.)

1. What is the difference between classical physics and modern physics?

Classical physics refers to the laws and principles that were developed before the 20th century, such as Newton's laws of motion and thermodynamics. Modern physics, on the other hand, includes theories and concepts developed in the 20th century, such as quantum mechanics and relativity, to explain phenomena that classical physics cannot.

2. What is a complicated or tricky modern physics problem?

A complicated or tricky modern physics problem refers to a problem that involves advanced concepts and theories, requires a deep understanding of mathematics, and may not have a straightforward solution. These problems often require creative thinking and multiple approaches to solve.

3. How do scientists approach solving complicated modern physics problems?

Scientists use a combination of mathematical techniques, experimental data, and theoretical models to approach and solve complicated modern physics problems. This involves breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and using various tools and methods to analyze and understand the problem.

4. What are some examples of complicated modern physics problems?

Some examples of complicated modern physics problems include the behavior of subatomic particles, the nature of dark matter and dark energy, and the search for a unified theory that explains all physical phenomena. These problems often require advanced mathematics and techniques such as quantum field theory and string theory.

5. Why is it important to study and understand complicated modern physics problems?

Studying and understanding complicated modern physics problems is crucial for advancing our knowledge and understanding of the universe. Many modern technologies, such as computers, lasers, and GPS, are based on principles of modern physics. Additionally, solving these problems can lead to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in various fields, from medicine to energy production.