1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CompSci & Electrical Engineering

1. Nov 13, 2013 #1
    Hi Everyone,
    I originally have a BSc in Computer Science, and worked as a software Dev for 4 years, I have not returned to school and am entering my 4th (and final) year of electrical engineering.

I've done 2 co-ops with a mining company working in Maintenance and Reliability, and have 1 more co-op term to go.

My original thought when I entered into EE is that I would head down the road of control systems and automation. That path is still a possibility, but I wondering what other fields would make good use of my 2 degrees.

Hopefully then I can find a placement for my last co-op in such a field!

Thanks for the insights!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2013 #2
    Control Systems Engineering is a good place to branch off from. For example, you could get heavily in to embedded systems engineering. You could get in to product design of consumer items such as washing machines or refrigerators. You could get in to automotive or aircraft control systems design. Marine engineering is also possible. Don't overlook the fact that large ships have many control systems and a SCADA system besides.

In other words, find something you enjoy and get involved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook