Computing axis forces of a construction

In summary, The group is discussing how to compute the axis forces in a construction project. One member suggests using the node method at the top to start the computation, but the original poster is still struggling and asks for advice on identifying zero-force members and where they are stuck.
twoflower
Hi all, I'm trying to compute the axis forces in the construction I put to attachment. I already have computed the R forces, but I don't know where should I start computing the axis forces from, from which point.

Could please someone give me some advice?

Thank you very much,
best regards.

Attachments

• 35857744dw2.gif
    35857744dw2.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 382
Physics news on Phys.org
You could start by applying the node method at the top.

Thank you very much, Cyclovenom!

However, I'm still not able to finish the exercise. Could you please advise me which of the bars are zero-force? (I mean they have a zero axis force).

Thank you in advance.

Which members without doing the problem you think are zero force members?

Where are you stuck? maybe you can show your work and we can see why are you stuck.

1. What is meant by "computing axis forces" in a construction?

"Computing axis forces" refers to the process of determining the amount and direction of forces acting on the structural axes (such as beams or columns) of a construction project. This information is crucial for ensuring the structural integrity and safety of the construction.

2. How is the calculation of axis forces in a construction done?

The calculation of axis forces in a construction is typically done using mathematical equations and principles from structural analysis and mechanics. These equations take into account factors such as the weight of the structure, loads applied to it, and the properties of the materials used.

3. Why is it important to compute axis forces in a construction?

Computing axis forces is important because it allows engineers and architects to design structures that can withstand the expected loads and forces. This helps ensure the safety and stability of the structure, and prevents potential failures or collapses.

4. What tools or software are used for computing axis forces in a construction?

There are various software programs available for computing axis forces in a construction, such as computer-aided design (CAD) software, finite element analysis (FEA) software, and structural analysis software. These tools use advanced algorithms to accurately calculate and visualize the forces acting on a structure.

5. Can computing axis forces be done manually or is it necessary to use software?

While it is possible to manually calculate axis forces using mathematical equations and formulas, it is a complex and time-consuming process. Therefore, it is more efficient and accurate to use specialized software for this task. Additionally, software can handle more complex structures and provide visualizations that aid in understanding the forces acting on the structure.