Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Concerning Mathematica Rejecta

1. Aug 21, 2009 #1
    Hello forum-goers,

I have heard of this new open-access journal called http://math.rejecta.org" [Broken]. I am cognizant the there are several threads on this forum that discuss this journal.

Peer-reviewed journals take about a few weeks to a few months to a year to get back to you; however, I am curious as to how long it takes for Mathematica Rejecta to get back to you following the initial submission of a manuscript? Does anyone have any experience at all with the Mathematica Rejecta journal?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
    flouran

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2009 #2
  4. Aug 23, 2009 #3
    I am glad to see that Doron Zeilberg is in favor of Rejecta Mathematica (something which I already knew), but I fail to see anything regarding how long it takes for Rej. Math. to get back to you after initial submission.

Thanks,
    flouran

5. Aug 23, 2009 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I can't help but wonder exactly how much listing publications in Rejecta Mathematica would help your vita! (I used to wonder the same about publishing with the Publish or Perish Press.)

6. Aug 23, 2009 #5
    It may help you, if you work in the field of experimental mathematics.

7. Aug 23, 2009 #6
    Agreed. Otherwise, most "professional mathematicians" would consider your CV "a joke" (unless you are already a well-established mathematician).

I personally would rather keep any paper that is not worthy of publication in a peer-reviewed journal on the arXiv. But that's my opinion....

8. Aug 23, 2009 #7
    Experimental mathematicians are in good company:http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/mamarim/mamarimPDF/em.pdf" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook