Confusing Question: How Long Does it Take for a Racer to Travel 2(3.70)m?

  • Thread starter Thread starter unstoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Confusing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
unstoppy
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
If a racer travels 3.70m in one second. How long does it take for the racer to travel 2(3.70)m?

I was expecting 2s as the result but the book suggests square root of 2 to be the answer. I don't know why? Can anyone help me please.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
unstoppy said:
If a racer travels 3.70m in one second. How long does it take for the racer to travel 2(3.70)m?

I was expecting 2s as the result but the book suggests square root of 2 to be the answer. I don't know why? Can anyone help me please.

Welcome to the PF.

Is the racer accelerating? What is the exact quote from the book?
 
Thank you! That's all the information given on the book. I suppose he's moving inthe constant velocity
 
I can only suggest you double check that you have quoted the question word for word as given in the book.
 
unstoppy said:
I suppose he's moving inthe constant velocity
That won't work.

Assume uniform acceleration starting from rest.