Confusion, matlab, ode45 variables.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Smiles302
Messages
26
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I am very confused over how MATLAB knows which variables are changeable variables in ode45.


Homework Equations

//

The Attempt at a Solution



My input is p

Earlier have defined;
a = 1;
k = 1;
w = 1/3;

Then I want to figure out adot and adoubledot from these.

adot = (a)*(p - k/a)^(-1/2);

adoubledot = (a/2)*(p + 3*w*p);

Suddenly realized that I have no idea why MATLAB would let "a" change but not let "p" and "k" change...

Is there a way to tell MATLAB that one of the variables is changing in time and the others aren't?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. For ode45 you need to define a function. Ode45 uses the function definition for variables. (I think you need to have only one variable For ode45, so if you have more than one you can use a column vector.)