Converting 2400 Pa wind pressure to km/h for aluminium openings

  • Thread starter Thread starter nicolasmarie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pressure Wind
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 12K views
nicolasmarie
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I want to express a wind pressure of 2400 Pascals in terms of km/h (speed) ?

The context here is Aluminium Openings having to resist such pressure.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nicolas.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
u can use bernollis equation assuming it a ideal fluid and perfect horizontal flow
(pressure/density)=(((veocity)^2)/2)
 
Thank you for your reply.

I have a pressure of 2400 Pascal.

Reworking your formula from the standpoint of pressure and using a density of 1.2923 (kg/cu m), I am getting as answer: 60 for velocity. (I think it is 60 m/s or 216 km/h).

I have used an online converter called Cactus 2000 and got 60.945 m/s or 219.4 km/h.

Is there a reason for the discrepancy 216 km/h and 219.4 km/h?

Am I using the right density of 1.2923 kg/cm?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nicolas
 
I have just check the excel sheet anew, there is no discrepancy. The wind speed using equation and online converter is 219.4 km/h using a wind density of 1.2923 kg/cu m.