1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coordinate conversion calculator

1. Dec 17, 2006 #1
    I know this might be a stupid question, but I wan't to know if any of you know of any sites that convert between RA and dec coordinates to altitude and azimuth coordinates. I mean I found this site:

http://home.att.net/~srschmitt/script_celestial2horizon.html

But unfortunately you can't enter in any time you want...it simply gets the time that you are visiting the site.

I was hoping someone might have come across some site that does this. I mean it would just save me having to figure out how to slightly alter the source code.
    Javascript, or any programming for that matter, is not a strong point for me so it just takes me much longer than the average person to work out the programming.

If anyone could help out that would be great. I really just want it so that I can have it as a link for my web page project for one of my classes. If I don't have it I guess it's no big problem though.

Anyway thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2006 #2
  4. Dec 17, 2006 #3
    Neutrino thank you so much.

You've helped me a lot recently :)

Cheers

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?