Copenhagen interpretation & Delayed-choice quantum eraser

In summary, the conversation revolved around the Delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment and a proposed change to the Copenhagen interpretation. The individual asked for clarification and guidance on their understanding of the concept, to which it was stated that personal speculation and made up interpretations are not allowed in the forum. The conversation was ultimately closed.
johnconner
For explaining Delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment, what if I change the Copenhagen interpretation a little.

When the experiment is concluded, we observe one detector (the first detector with the shortest path) has detected the pattern long before the wavefunction is collapsed (before the last D detector detects the last ray of photons with identified and known path). Now that seems to be time travel which is not accepted by physicists. Now Let’s go with a metaphor. Say above the line of Time (with an arrow towards future), we have a cloud that is wavefunction. When this wavefunction is collapsed for the entangled particles (The system as a whole to be precise), in this metaphor, we say the cloud will rain. Dropping its drops of rain in each specific moment on the line of time. Which means the could (which is the wavefunction) is not only independent of time but it must hold through time. So the change happens throughout time without traveling in it. All I am suggesting is that the wavefunction should be accepted as a concept that must hold through time, so when it’s collapsed the time of events align with the narrative of wavefunction. This way there will be no traveling in time or any violations of relativity and causality would still hold.

Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
johnconner said:
what if I change the Copenhagen interpretation a little.

Do you have a reference for this changed interpretation? Personal speculation is off limits at PF. That includes speculation about QM interpretations.

PeterDonis said:
Do you have a reference for this changed interpretation? Personal speculation is off limits at PF. That includes speculation about QM interpretations.
It's more of a question really. Since I don't understand it very well I need guidance to understand it. I constantly think about things I learn and this is currently bugging me that I can't figure out. I would appreciate it if you help me with this.

Likes Delta2
johnconner said:
It's more of a question really.

Your OP is not asking a question. It is personal speculation.

johnconner said:
Since I don't understand it very well I need guidance to understand it.

Understand what?

If you want to understand how basic QM, without any intepretation applied, handles the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment, you can start a new thread in the QM forum asking about that.

If you want to understand how a particular QM interpretation describes the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment, you can start a new thread in this forum asking about that.

What this thread is doing is neither of those things. It is describing your own made up QM interpretation. That is off limits here at PF.

Thread closed.

• Sad
Likes weirdoguy, Motore and Delta2