Corpses in my office: Stop the madness!

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to get my cat to quit bringing dead or semi-dead little bodies into my office?

She is so proud of herself...:yuck:

Answers and Replies

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
You could kill the cat?*

*Do not leave its corpse in the office!.

Evo
Mentor
I know what you mean, I got a dead mole the other day. Oh, and cat vomit with grasshopper legs in it. :yuck: I'll take the dead mole any day.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bun has been catching grasshoppers and bringing them in, but she gulps them down in two bites.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
arildno beat me to it.

Danger
Gold Member
The success of my suggestion will depend entirely upon the nature of the cat. Set a specific place outside where offerings are to be left. Every time she brings you something, thank her and take it to that place. In time, she might start dropping them there on her own.

I had a cat that used to catch mice and then proceed to carry it very proudly to our front door and deposit it at our feet.....that did not amuse my mother. Another one that just had kittens brought in a gopher that was as big as she was in for them.....poor little kittens had no idea what they were supposed to do with that. Not really sure how to stop them from doing it, other than maybe getting a little watergun and shooting them with it whenever they brought something in....I really doubt that would work though.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My wife found a dead baby mouse in the garage in the clothes she was sorting to do wash.

Occasionally we find a mouse in the kitchen, living room, bed room. I woke one night because Chester was meowing in an usual way, so I thought we was going to vomit. I got up and went over to him - he was crouched on the floor looking at what I thought was a sock. It was an unconscious mouse. So I picked up and tossed it into the back yard for the crows or owls to get.

Our dog Sassy, a Yorkshire terrier, manages to catch moles, chipmunks and within the last week, two birds (sparrows or house finches). So we have to let her out carefully. My wife had to retrieve half a bird from her a couple of weeks ago. Then Sassy vomited the other half.

I was just talking to my parents on the phone and apparently one of our dogs, a Belgian Tervuren has an interesting new hobby - duck hunting. He goes out into the creek and swimmings over to a group of ducks, nabs one and has lunch. One time him and my other dog drug half a deer home...not really what we had in mind for a new lawn ornament. But the worst was when one of my cats got run over, my dad was in a hurry and rather than burying it or something he must have just tossed it into the field because the next thing we new there was a big ball of white fluff in the middle of the yard, we looked out and my sister said "Is that the cat?" .....turns out the puppy had brought his friend back home.

You don't eat Bun's gifts? Kinda un-greatful if you ask me.

hypatia said:
You don't eat Bun's gifts? Kinda un-greatful if you ask me.

Seriously :grumpy:

russ_watters
Mentor
Ivan Seeking said:
Does anyone know how to get my cat to quit bringing dead or semi-dead little bodies into my office?

She is so proud of herself...:yuck:
Ehh, just let her go - she'll be finished in a few weeks....

Evo
Mentor
scorpa said:
But the worst was when one of my cats got run over, my dad was in a hurry and rather than burying it or something he must have just tossed it into the field because the next thing we new there was a big ball of white fluff in the middle of the yard, we looked out and my sister said "Is that the cat?" .....turns out the puppy had brought his friend back home.
:bugeye: :eek:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
arildno said:
You could kill the cat?*

*Do not leave its corpse in the office!.
Did the asterisk just go from a 6-pointed star to a 5-pointed star? :bugeye: Or has it always been that way?

Evo
Mentor
Gokul43201 said:
Did the asterisk just go from a 6-pointed star to a 5-pointed star? :bugeye: Or has it always been that way?
I'm counting six points, but I need bifocals.

Gokul43201 said:

Those have six points. Maybe you need stylish eyewear?

Rach3
Gokul43201 said:

:cool:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe it's my browser... :confused:

Gokul43201 said:

Oh sure balme the software...

Its not a bug, its a feature!

Like the cat command.

Evo
Mentor
Gokul43201 said:
That's what I was wondering. riiight

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Rach3 said:

:cool:
That's the biggest freakin' pentacle I've seen! Honest. You see 6 points?

Nevermind. Let's get back to them corpses, what?

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Oh sure balme the software...
What do you want - a screen capture?

Evo
Mentor
Gokul43201 said:
What do you want - a screen capture?
uhm, yeah....:biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Here ya go, infidels! :devil:

And before you get any smart aleck responses ready, be warned that I'm expecting them.

Its your display font, I think. Text looks slightly different from mine, so that would be my guess.