Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Corpses in my office: Stop the madness!

1. Sep 14, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone know how to get my cat to quit bringing dead or semi-dead little bodies into my office?

She is so proud of herself...:yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2006 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You could kill the cat?*

*Do not leave its corpse in the office!.

4. Sep 14, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I know what you mean, I got a dead mole the other day. Oh, and cat vomit with grasshopper legs in it. :yuck: I'll take the dead mole any day.

5. Sep 14, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bun has been catching grasshoppers and bringing them in, but she gulps them down in two bites.

6. Sep 14, 2006 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

arildno beat me to it.

7. Sep 14, 2006 #6

Danger

Gold Member

The success of my suggestion will depend entirely upon the nature of the cat. Set a specific place outside where offerings are to be left. Every time she brings you something, thank her and take it to that place. In time, she might start dropping them there on her own.

8. Sep 14, 2006 #7
    I had a cat that used to catch mice and then proceed to carry it very proudly to our front door and deposit it at our feet.....that did not amuse my mother. Another one that just had kittens brought in a gopher that was as big as she was in for them.....poor little kittens had no idea what they were supposed to do with that. Not really sure how to stop them from doing it, other than maybe getting a little watergun and shooting them with it whenever they brought something in....I really doubt that would work though.

9. Sep 14, 2006 #8

Astronuc

My wife found a dead baby mouse in the garage in the clothes she was sorting to do wash.

Occasionally we find a mouse in the kitchen, living room, bed room. I woke one night because Chester was meowing in an usual way, so I thought we was going to vomit. I got up and went over to him - he was crouched on the floor looking at what I thought was a sock. It was an unconscious mouse. So I picked up and tossed it into the back yard for the crows or owls to get.

Our dog Sassy, a Yorkshire terrier, manages to catch moles, chipmunks and within the last week, two birds (sparrows or house finches). So we have to let her out carefully. My wife had to retrieve half a bird from her a couple of weeks ago. Then Sassy vomited the other half.

10. Sep 14, 2006 #9
    I was just talking to my parents on the phone and apparently one of our dogs, a Belgian Tervuren has an interesting new hobby - duck hunting. He goes out into the creek and swimmings over to a group of ducks, nabs one and has lunch. One time him and my other dog drug half a deer home...not really what we had in mind for a new lawn ornament. But the worst was when one of my cats got run over, my dad was in a hurry and rather than burying it or something he must have just tossed it into the field because the next thing we new there was a big ball of white fluff in the middle of the yard, we looked out and my sister said "Is that the cat?" .....turns out the puppy had brought his friend back home.

11. Sep 14, 2006 #10
    You don't eat Bun's gifts? Kinda un-greatful if you ask me.

12. Sep 14, 2006 #11

Seriously :grumpy:

13. Sep 14, 2006 #12

russ_watters

Ehh, just let her go - she'll be finished in a few weeks....

14. Sep 14, 2006 #13

Evo

:bugeye: :eek:

15. Sep 14, 2006 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did the asterisk just go from a 6-pointed star to a 5-pointed star? :bugeye: Or has it always been that way?

16. Sep 14, 2006 #15

Evo

I'm counting six points, but I need bifocals.

17. Sep 14, 2006 #16

Those have six points. Maybe you need stylish eyewear?

18. Sep 14, 2006 #17

:cool:

19. Sep 14, 2006 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe it's my browser... :confused:

20. Sep 14, 2006 #19

Oh sure balme the software...

Its not a bug, its a feature!

Like the cat command.

21. Sep 14, 2006 #20

Evo

That's what I was wondering. riiight

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?