Corpses in my office: Stop the madness

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation focused on several experiences with pets bringing dead or semi-dead animals into the house, causing frustration and disgust. Suggestions were made to either let the pet continue its behavior until it gets tired of it, or to set up a designated place for the pet to leave its offerings. There was also a discussion about the number of points on an asterisk.
Evo said:
Question - how long does it take a bored cat to completely unroll a new roll of toilet paper onto the bathroom floor? Then go crazy shreding it with their claws?

Exactly as long as the cat decides it will take?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
Exactly as long as the cat decides it will take?
Nope, it's is always in less time than it takes to discover and stop them. I need to do more studies. I will be publishing a paper soon in the peer reviewed journal Cat Astrophe.

Ivan Seeking said:
This has to be the most pathetic derailment I've ever seen. :rofl:
Hey, I tried...

Gokul said:
Nevermind. Let's get back to them corpses, what?
...sorta!

Gokul43201 said:
Hey, I tried...

...sorta!

Oh well, it doesn't take much here! :biggrin:

I was going to post a bad joke about Quantum Mechanics to explain Evo's problem with an unwatched cat, but since one didn't pop into my head, please note the effort and laugh accordingly.

Evo said:
It depends on whether your cat drags in dead animals. Yes - from the bottom. No - from the top.

Question - how long does it take a bored cat to completely unroll a new roll of toilet paper onto the bathroom floor? Then go crazy shreding it with their claws?
Well, if you get those large, industrial sized toilet paper rolls like they have in all the public restrooms now, and let the cat play with those, they might not have time to bring in as many dead animals. And if they do, at least you'll have plenty of toilet paper to wrap it in before you touch it!

Now, stop talking about unrolling toilet paper before Ember starts getting ideas! Someone else mentioned that in email to me tonight, and you know she reads along! :uhh:

Ivan Seeking said:
I was going to post a bad joke about Quantum Mechanics to explain Evo's problem with an unwatched cat, but since one didn't pop into my head, please note the effort and laugh accordingly.
I was going to post a QM joke about the "semi-dead" things in your office, but I sensed you had a similar joke coming so I let it go.

So far we have two jokes whose wavefunction has not collapsed. Do we have any more?

Ivan Seeking said:
So far we have two jokes whose wavefunction has not collapsed. Do we have any more?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That wasn't really that funny, but the guy in the next cubicle thought I was having a seizure.

Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, but I dare not let you even have a glimpse, lest its wavefunction collapse. It is far too potent. I have only been able to contemplate it for seconds at a time, and only then when I am distracted by extremely loud techno music and have very large bulldog clips pinching my earlobes to keep me in constant pain. Such is the suffering that one must endure to create industrial-strength humor.