Correct bore sizing for a shower hose for a pumped water supply

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
reddwarf4ever
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Correct bore sizing for a shower hose for a pumped water supply
Please don’t laugh, this may sound a trivial question, but it is important. I have seen so many conflicting opinions, even from manufacturers. Some say, just use the biggest bore possible, others say use a small bore 8mm for a fully pumped system & a large bore 11mm for a gravity system. There must be a reason why different size bore hoses are manufactured.

I changed the shower hose yesterday, thinking it to be the same; although it did have a scale catcher fitted, which I discarded, to a full bore 11mm shower hose, but it appears the flow is now less, so should I change it to an 8mm bore to achieve the maximum flow rate.

Many thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org