Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could my I.R lowpass goggles work without using light from the sun?

1. Mar 6, 2010 #1
    For this science project i'm doing, i am going to be investigating the I.R Lowpass (a.k.a: Near infrared spectrum) with goggles i shall soon be constructing based on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2-nP2xl9Zg&feature=player_embedded"

This question may be a bit silly but will my goggles work with light other than sun light, my plan is to create a small stage setting with different objects of different colours and then shine the light from multiple lamps on it so i can note any differences in colour caused by the I.R lowpass.

Thanks for any replies :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2010 #2
    I've relized this is probably not the write place for this question. Does anyone know how i can move it to a different section of the forum?

4. Mar 7, 2010 #3

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

These aren't infrared. They just block most colors, you can buy deep purple filters that photographers use to estimate what a monochrome shot will look like.

They will 'work' with any white light,

5. Mar 7, 2010 #4
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook