Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could we(entire universe) be almost nothing?

1. May 10, 2007 #1
    :confused: :confused: Is it possible that we could be notjing more than an atom on the tip of a larger beings body? i mean like a being equal to what we see ourselfs as, mabey more advanced, mabey more retarded. Could we have millions of universises that make up everyone of us? Our "endless" universe could be microscpoic and we could be sooo tiny. On that larger being could mabey we be equal to them as they see theirselfs, as i stated eariler. Could someone help me? or try to help?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2007 #2
    We can't know if we are tiny. Everything is relative. Compared to a bacterium, we are huge. Compared to a star, we're small. If the universe were part of something bigger, then it would probably be a part of some huge multidimensional ocean. Not the tip of a larger being.

4. May 11, 2007 #3

baywax

Gold Member

:bugeye: Apparently the universe is flat.

Give the Flat Universe Society a call and ask them.

Perhaps we're a pancake in a giant Ogre's frying pan.

We could be a component of

a conveyer belt,

a flat tire,

someone's windshield.

Who's knows?:surprised

5. May 11, 2007 #4
    well if MORE people posted on the threads I post, mabey i would have more information. could someone pleasepost? or u no like help me out here? tx to any1 who does.

6. May 11, 2007 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well what do you want someone to say? There is no possible answer to your question, nor does it make any difference to us if your scenario were true, so this discussion is rather pointless (in my opinion!)

7. May 11, 2007 #6
    ..:mad: .i donno, mabey someone could like u no like umm, gimme some thoughts/theorys that could contradict or gimme a new way to look at my theory.:biggrin:

8. May 11, 2007 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We don't permit personal theories on this site, and what you've posted is certainly not philosophy. As cristo pointed out, if it has no consequences that can be tested, it isn't science, either. Basically, it's just rambling nonsense.

I suggest you spend a bit more time reading about real science, rather than trying to create your own theories.

- Warren

9. May 11, 2007 #8
    WELL SOOOORRRRRYYYY!!! man everyone is always against me huh? wth do u (choot) always find my posts and either delete and take points or whatever, or u like put me down. Do u have something againdt me or what? Besides, where do u want me to put this? Huh?!? besides ive seen other people put their own theories or post a thread that is alike to another and u dont say anything, U accually comment them in a good way. U dont take points or anything! Only when i do something even when it isnt against the rules!!!

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  10. May 11, 2007 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I help run this site. We have standards. That means part of my responsibility is to make sure that the posts on this site meet those standards. I have nothing against you personally (I don't even know you), but 90% of the stuff you have posted on this site has been inappropriate. If you can learn to abide by our rules, there will be no further problems.

Please review the posting guidelines here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

- Warren

11. May 11, 2007 #10

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

All right, this was a little ridiculous.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?