Could you recommend me good math books?

In summary, the conversation is about someone who recently discovered a community and is looking for book recommendations on algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and differential calculus. The expert recommends the Trigonometry Fifth Edition by McKeague and Turner for trigonometry and Allendoerfer/Oakley's Principles of Mathematics or Fundamentals of Freshman Mathematics for pre-calculus, differentiation, integration, and other topics.
Andres Perez
Hello everyone!

I discovered the community yesterday by luck (in Spanish we have a word for this: serendipia), I read a couple of threads and decided to join.

That's not the point since it's not an introduction thread.

I would like you guys to suggest me books about algebra, geometry, trigonometry and differential calculus if possible, but please, books that actually you enjoy reading/working through.

Thank you so much in advance, and have a nice day.

Physics news on Phys.org
Trig was a piece of cake with the Trigonometry Fifth Edition by McKeague and Turner.

Eight chapters of clearly written lessons and problems on triangles and functions. Actually, I was able to complete the entire years worth of trig in a single semester with that book. What could be better?

Likes Andres Perez
Andres Perez said:
Hello everyone!

I discovered the community yesterday by luck (in Spanish we have a word for this: serendipia), I read a couple of threads and decided to join.

That's not the point since it's not an introduction thread.

I would like you guys to suggest me books about algebra, geometry, trigonometry and differential calculus if possible, but please, books that actually you enjoy reading/working through.

Thank you so much in advance, and have a nice day.

I recommend Allendoerfer/Oakley's Principles of Mathematics or Fundamentals of Freshman Mathematics. Both books are very old, but they cover the pre-calculus, differentiation, integration, and few other topics like boolean algebra and probability theory. They are very clear and entertaining to read, and both also contain the basic logic so you can build your proof skill too.

Likes Kilo Vectors and Andres Perez

1. What are some good math books for beginners?

Some good math books for beginners include "A Mind for Numbers" by Barbara Oakley, "How Not to Be Wrong" by Jordan Ellenberg, and "The Joy of x" by Steven Strogatz.

2. Are there any math books that are easy to understand?

Yes, there are many math books that are written in a clear and easy-to-understand manner, such as "The Princeton Companion to Mathematics" by Timothy Gowers and "Mathematics: A Very Short Introduction" by Timothy Gowers.

3. What are some advanced math books for experienced mathematicians?

Some advanced math books for experienced mathematicians include "Abstract Algebra" by David S. Dummit and Richard M. Foote, "Real Analysis" by Royden and Fitzpatrick, and "Topology" by James R. Munkres.

4. Can you recommend a math book for someone interested in geometry?

Yes, "Euclid's Elements" by Euclid is a classic and comprehensive book on geometry, and "Geometry Revisited" by H.S.M. Coxeter and S.L. Greitzer is a popular choice for those interested in a more modern approach to the subject.

5. Are there any math books that focus on specific topics, such as calculus or number theory?

Yes, there are many math books that focus on specific topics, such as "Calculus" by Michael Spivak, "The Number Devil" by Hans Magnus Enzensberger, and "Prime Obsession" by John Derbyshire.