1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could you recommend me good math books?

Tags:
  1. Mar 23, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone!

I discovered the community yesterday by luck (in Spanish we have a word for this: serendipia), I read a couple of threads and decided to join.

That's not the point since it's not an introduction thread.

I would like you guys to suggest me books about algebra, geometry, trigonometry and differential calculus if possible, but please, books that actually you enjoy reading/working through.

Thank you so much in advance, and have a nice day.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2016 #2

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Trig was a piece of cake with the Trigonometry Fifth Edition by McKeague and Turner.

Eight chapters of clearly written lessons and problems on triangles and functions. Actually, I was able to complete the entire years worth of trig in a single semester with that book. What could be better?

4. Mar 24, 2016 #3
    I recommend Allendoerfer/Oakley's Principles of Mathematics or Fundamentals of Freshman Mathematics. Both books are very old, but they cover the pre-calculus, differentiation, integration, and few other topics like boolean algebra and probability theory. They are very clear and entertaining to read, and both also contain the basic logic so you can build your proof skill too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted