Cracking Exams: Overcoming Knowledge Gaps for Intro QM

In summary, the person is requesting that the PF community give feedback on a Previous Year Paper from a syllabus they have covered well, and suggest topics and resources for covering the concepts effectively.
warhammer
Summary:: I understand the consensus on PF about studying for knowledge and not merely for "cracking Semester Exams" but I urge you all to go through below thread before attaching to that feeling in my case.

Hi.

So I have my Exams on Intro QM approaching very soon, which will be a combination of Internal Test followed by a Final Examination.

Our syllabus is bifurcated in 4 units and I have covered the first 2 exceptionally well with my understanding solid in the same. However for the latter two I have been extremely unfortunate in not covering solidly for I was hit with illness & not in a position to study anything for an extended period of time when the Professor decided to wrap up the remaining 2 units.

Hit with knowledge gaps & a worry of not clearing the forthcoming examinations I'm in a major rut. I decided to do 2 things, for the moment due to shortage of time, decide to focus on topics solely asked in Exam through Previous Year Papers and cover the topic, as I should, for knowledge, in the Summer Vacations that would follow after the Exams.

But here is where PF and its Elders come in. I would sincerely request you all to have a look at the Previous Year Paper based on Syllabus for Remaining 2 Units and advise which topics the questions belong to & suggest any resource material/textbook that would help me cover the concept as well as the type of questions effectively. (I am a quick learner but even I have my limitations owing to shortage of time and gradual recovery of body and mind. Thus I need PF guidance more than ever.) This would help me clear the exams with atleast decent grading and once the Examination Schedule ends I will get back to focusing on topics that I selfishly & craftily left for the sake of grades.

I will be extremely grateful 🙏🏻 Please let me know if the Syllabus for Remaining Units is also needed for the esteemed members to gauge on how to instruct me.

Screenshot_2022-05-04-08-07-40-56_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
It might be helpful if you attach the actual PDF rather than a screenshot of the PDF (or whatever document you've opened). Even opening the image in a new tab I can barely read it.

Thanks for letting me know sir. I should have attached the PDF attached already..! Please find the same below

Attachments

• QM_Paper2.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 105

1. What is "Cracking Exams: Overcoming Knowledge Gaps for Intro QM"?

"Cracking Exams: Overcoming Knowledge Gaps for Intro QM" is a study guide and resource for students studying introductory quantum mechanics. It provides strategies for overcoming common knowledge gaps and improving exam performance.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is primarily aimed at students studying introductory quantum mechanics, but it can also be useful for anyone looking to improve their understanding of the subject.

3. What makes this book different from other study guides for quantum mechanics?

This book focuses specifically on addressing and overcoming knowledge gaps that students may encounter while studying quantum mechanics. It provides practical tips and strategies for improving understanding and exam performance.

4. Is this book suitable for all levels of quantum mechanics?

Yes, this book is suitable for students at all levels of quantum mechanics, from beginners to advanced. The strategies and tips provided can be applied to any level of understanding.

5. How can this book help me with my exam preparation?

This book can help you identify and address any knowledge gaps you may have in quantum mechanics, allowing you to have a more comprehensive understanding of the subject. It also provides tips for effective study habits and test-taking strategies to improve your exam performance.