Creating a list of appendices in LaTeX for a thesis

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex List
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 19K views
EngWiPy
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
61
Hello,

In Latex, there are the \listoftables and \listoffigures control sequences to list the tables and figures respectively where you want. But I didn't find a similar control sequence to list the appendices, or did I miss it? Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance
 
Physics news on Phys.org
LaTeX doesn't have default support for appendices. Most classes give you an option (like \backmatter) which will set special formatting for \chapter's so they show "Appendix A" instead of "Chapter 13", which means they'll just show up in your table of contents.
 
Check into
Code:
\usepackage{appendix}

The default command \appendix starts your appendices but there's no way back, and everything subsequent will be labeled that way. I believe the package gives you a little more control.
 
Thanks CompuChip and minger for replying.

For sure I want to include the Appendices number in the table of contents, and I did that. But what I want is to set a list of appendices in a separate page, as with list of figures, and list of tables. How can I do that? This is one of the requirements of my thesis.

Regards