Can my brother open an account if we share a laptop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 4K views
_Mayday_
Messages
808
Reaction score
0
Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_
 
Physics news on Phys.org
_Mayday_ said:
Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_

Yes, of course your brother is allowed to create his own account :smile:. The rules are that each member is allowed one account, not that each IP is allowed one account. I understand, however, that in most cases these are one and the same, so thanks for pointing it out to us, and avoiding misunderstandings in the future! (I hope you've warned him that this doesn't exempt him from the welcome fish :biggrin:)
 
Make sure he introduces himself!
 
Will do, top guy few years younger, maybe a few years brighter!
 
Evo said:
Make sure he introduces himself!
Don't forget to ask him what kind of fish he likes.
 
_Mayday_ said:
Hey all,

My brother is considering opening up an account on this site, is this allowed? We would be using the same laptop, and I know that 'sock-puppet' accounts are not allowed. Is he allowed to open up an account, I know on other forums we have had to ask permission as people sometimes think we are just the same user, which isn't allowed.

_Mayday_

Great, and when is your hot sister going to sign up ?

marlon
 
Tiny-tim is the official welcome member nowadays.
 
Hello everyone _Mayday_ told me to introduce myself to everyone. I'm his brother
 
Hey Muddy! Welcome to the forum! You should introduce yourself in General Discussion so you can be properly initiated!
 
Evo is just dying to use the latest batch of fish. Welcome Muddy! :smile:
 
Sup Bro! I'm talking to you via the internet, but you are a metre away from me!
 
Welcome to PF _Muddy_. Welcome to the show that never ends.

We would never have guessed any resemblance to _Mayday_.


What's your interest math, physics, a particular branch of science, . . . , food, drink, . . . , girls, . . ? We've got it all. :biggrin: