1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Credit transfer - BU and Cornell

1. May 15, 2015 #1

donpacino

Gold Member

Hola,

I am working on a masters degree at Cornell. There is a class offered at BU that I am interested in taking. After speaking to representatives from both schools I decided to take the course and transfer the credit to cornell (this was approved by both schools).

I am considering going for a second degree later on at BU. If I transfer that class credit for cornell, can I use it in the future to a degree at BU. I'm 99% sure that answer is NO.

So my main question, if that is indeed true, is how do universities keep track of that info. When you transfer a credit, I thought all you did was send proof of the class and grade to the other university.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2015 #2
    It's a very good question. I bet there is a limit to how recent a credit is to be eligible for transfer and for that matter counting towards a degree. If I take a class at a college this year and then in five years pick the program back up, I doubt they let me count that credit :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook