Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Criticisms of media coverage of the Lebanese conflict

1. Sep 4, 2006 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2006 #2
    Here's an extensive look into the reporting of the Qana incident, titled The Corruption of the Media:
  4. Sep 4, 2006 #3
    How funny would you think it was if that could have been one of your family. friends, or a fellow Zoinist lying under that sheet in rigor mortis? Not so funny I wager, and I also can't help but wonder how quick you would be to buy into the arguments on all your other your conspiracy blogs if those were directed against people you respect. You probably wouldn't be so quick to judge in that situation, eh?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  5. Sep 4, 2006 #4
    Unfortunately I have seen quite a few bodies in various states. That is not rigor mortis. That is a man half way between sitting and laying down, covered with a bedsheet.
    What "conspiracy blog" are you referring to? Can you manage to be any more specific in your criticism?
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  6. Sep 4, 2006 #5
    I'll be more specific about the rigor mortis, but I'd really rather not waist my time going though all the claims in the blogs.
  7. Sep 5, 2006 #6
    It seems you are correct about the rigor mortis. I sincerely apologize. The left arm looked under the bedsheet to be the head, which lead to my hasty conclusion.
    Despite that, I do believe that a serious allegation such as that about a purposeful attack of Red Cross ambulances deserves serious scrutiny. After all, I'm not the only one jumping to hasty conclusions.
  8. Sep 5, 2006 #7
    Serious allegations should be investigated by impartial people who have full access to all evidence, not by people trying to make arguments out of a few photographs over Internet.
  9. Sep 6, 2006 #8
    I'll remember that one.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?