1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current EE Student looking for Nanotech grad program suggestions

1. Feb 23, 2010 #1
    Hello, everyone. I am currently in an EE program with an expected graduation date of June 2012, and I am getting a better idea of what I want to be doing later down the road. I have decided that I want to pursue graduate studies with Nanotechnology. I am mostly interested with nanotech applications to energy and medical purposes, but the whole field is incredibly interesting to me, and I think it has a bright future.

As of right now, I am studying at the Oregon Institute of Technology. From what I have heard, it is a well ranked Engineering program that has close relationships with Techtronix and Intel. My current plan is to complete my 4 year degree there and then go to another school for a graduate program because OIT does not offer one.

Which brings me to yet another question. How do I verify that the school I am attending right now is a good enough school to make it into graduate programs at other "bigger" universities? I am specifically interested in the University of Washington.

So sum up my questions:

1. Is it a good idea for me to continue at Oregon Institute of Technology? Or am I shooting myself in the foot?

2. What schools are recommended for nanotechnology graduate programs?

3. What is a good method for comparing different schools? Is there a specific website that is good for comparing school rankings and which is good for what?

Thank you very much :)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2010 #2
    Bump :x

I am also most interested in graduate studies at UW at the moment. Any advice as to whether I am on a good track right now?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook