Current in RLC Series Circuit: Need Help

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's attempt to find the current in an RLC series circuit. They express uncertainty about their calculations and ask for help in identifying any mistakes. The other person checks their work and suggests that the capacitor value may be incorrect. The speaker confirms they were unsure about the value and thanks the other person for their assistance.
IronaSona
Homework Statement
Relevant Equations
So am trying to find the current in the RLC series circuit ,but i think i have done something wrong ,if anyone could tell me where i went wrong ,it would be great ,thank you

Resistor-100ohms
Capacitor-0.01uF
Inductor-25mH
Voltage Source-50v a.c
1kHz
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
I checked your work and can't spot any mistake. Maybe the mistake is in the given data, are you sure the capacitor value is 0.01uF? Cause that is what makes the impendance big.

Delta2 said:
I checked your work and can't spot any mistake. Maybe the mistake is in the given data, are you sure the capacitor value is 0.01uF? Cause that is what makes the impendance big.
o sorry ,i just wasn't 100% sure that it was correct ,just wanted to make sure i have done everything right , thank you

Likes berkeman and Delta2

1. What is an RLC series circuit?

An RLC series circuit is a type of electrical circuit that contains a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C) connected in a series. This means that the components are connected one after the other, forming a single loop for the current to flow through.

2. How does current behave in an RLC series circuit?

In an RLC series circuit, the current will alternate between flowing through the inductor and the capacitor. When the current is flowing through the inductor, it will gradually increase, while flowing through the capacitor will cause it to decrease. This results in an oscillating current in the circuit.

3. What is the significance of resonance in an RLC series circuit?

Resonance occurs in an RLC series circuit when the inductive and capacitive reactances cancel each other out, resulting in a purely resistive circuit. This means that the current will reach its maximum value, and the circuit will be able to store and release energy efficiently.

4. How can I calculate the current in an RLC series circuit?

The current in an RLC series circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that current (I) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the total resistance (R) of the circuit. You can also use the formula I = V/Z, where Z is the impedance of the circuit, which takes into account the effects of the inductor and capacitor.

5. What factors can affect the current in an RLC series circuit?

The current in an RLC series circuit can be affected by the values of the components (resistor, inductor, and capacitor), the frequency of the input voltage, and the overall impedance of the circuit. Changes in any of these factors can cause the current to vary in amplitude and phase.