1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cutting edge introductory info re: field emission microscopy and imaging methods

1. Feb 8, 2012 #1
    Folks,

I'm self-taught and am currently trying to get up to date about the newest developments in field-emission microscopy and other methods of imaging sub-atomic structures. I'm able to follow (though just barely) Mikhailovskij et al.'s 2009 paper in Physical Review showing electron orbitals in a carbon atom from graphene, but I understand that reliable (and one assumes, replicable) developments in the methodology have potentially now outstripped the methods in that paper.

Could someone please recommend resources I could look at that will help me to follow and come further up to date with this, short of my enrolling in a graduate program?--something a little bit beyond a layperson's approach (although I won't object to that either) but not too much more.

Many thanks!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2012 #2
  4. May 16, 2012 #3
    Hi Spinnor,

Thanks for the links and sorry for the delay in response. What I was looking for was something more along the lines of 1-2 academic review article(s) but pitched for lay-people, rather than having to go through ArXiv tables of contents and lists of links which might or might not result in read-able (by me) papers. Any thoughts?

thanks!

5. May 18, 2012 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?