Daily survival probability: why does conditioning on waking up change the odds?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter lukka98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Probability Relative
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
Update -- user @AplanisTophet has left us, so thread it reopened.
I was thinking of starting a new thread as the original OP was not he half as interesting as fresh_42 's prisoner link and Peroks explanations.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PeroK
pinball1970 said:
I was thinking of starting a new thread as the original OP was not he half as interesting as fresh_42 's prisoner link and Peroks explanations.
I'm on a train with no WiFi, but I can post my analysis tomorrow if you start a thread on the prisoner paradox.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and berkeman
PeroK said:
I'm on a train with no WiFi, but I can post my analysis tomorrow if you start a thread on the prisoner paradox.
Great will do.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman