Data needed - Related bodies and their stats

In summary, the conversation is about finding data sets for pairs of astronomical bodies and their stats, including moons, planets, stars, black holes, galaxies, clusters, and superclusters. The speaker is getting tired of having to individually search and document this information. They mention the Washington Visual Double Star Catalog as a potential resource, but it may not be exactly what they are looking for.
ForTheLoveOfPhysics
TL;DR Summary
Are there data sets for pairs of astronomical bodies and their stats? (Edited)
I’m analysing the gravitational relationships between different mass astronomical bodies and am getting sick of having to individually google and document these.

Are there data sets out there that list pairs/sets of objects which includes their mass and distance from each other?

Including; Moons, Planets, Stars, Black Holes, Galaxies, Clusters and Superclusters.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
ForTheLoveOfPhysics said:
TL;DR Summary: Are there data sets for pairs of astrological bodies and their stats?

I’m analysing the gravitational relationships between different mass astrological bodies and am getting sick of having to individually google and document these.
I'm really hoping you meant astronomical bodies.
Even so, there are a lot of astronomical bodies, so the likelihood of finding information about pairs of them is close to nil.

Likes ForTheLoveOfPhysics
Mark44 said:
I sure did mean astronomical! My bad!

Mark44 said:
Are astrological bodies weighed with Librae?

• Haha
Likes berkeman and ForTheLoveOfPhysics

1. What is the importance of collecting data on related bodies and their stats?

Collecting data on related bodies and their stats is important for several reasons. First, it allows us to gain a better understanding of the relationships and connections between different bodies, whether they are organizations, individuals, or other entities. This can help us identify patterns and trends, and make more informed decisions. Additionally, having accurate data on related bodies and their stats can help us measure the impact and effectiveness of our own organization or research.

2. What types of data should be collected on related bodies and their stats?

The types of data that should be collected on related bodies and their stats will vary depending on the specific purpose and goals of the research. However, some common types of data may include demographic information, financial data, performance metrics, and any other relevant information that can help paint a complete picture of the related bodies and their stats.

3. How can data on related bodies and their stats be collected?

Data on related bodies and their stats can be collected through various methods such as surveys, interviews, observations, and document analysis. The best method will depend on the type of data being collected and the resources available. It is important to carefully consider the research question and choose the most appropriate method for collecting accurate and reliable data.

4. How should data on related bodies and their stats be analyzed?

Data on related bodies and their stats should be analyzed using statistical methods and techniques to identify patterns and relationships. This may involve using software programs to organize and analyze the data, as well as conducting statistical tests to determine the significance of any findings. It is important to carefully interpret the data and draw conclusions based on the results of the analysis.

5. How can data on related bodies and their stats be used in decision making?

Data on related bodies and their stats can be used in decision making by providing valuable insights and evidence to inform choices and actions. By analyzing the data, we can identify strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement within related bodies, and make informed decisions on how to address them. Additionally, data on related bodies and their stats can be used to compare and benchmark against similar entities, helping to guide decision making towards achieving desired outcomes.