Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Data needed: Relative permittivity of air

1. Mar 22, 2017 #1
    Where can I found values of the relative permittivity of air at different temperatures, frequencies, pressure, humidity, etc. or its dependence?
    I'm particularly interested in data around 1.4 GHz, 25ºC, 1 atm. 50% hum.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Google is your friend. What have you found so far with your Google searches? Have you found numerous websites with information on this, but not one or two of the values that you need? What accuracy do you need the data to? What is the application?

4. Mar 24, 2017 #3
    In this case, Google is not my friend, or it is not enough. Indeed there are numerous websites where the data appears, but not with sufficient accuracy or without information on temperature, frequency, reliable reference, etc. For example, values like 1, 10006, 1000589, 10005364, 1000524, etc. are found.
    Do a search for yourself and you will see what I say.
    The application for which I need the data requires a precision of 1e-5 and at 25ºC, 1 atm, 50% hum, 1.4 GHz approximately, or some formula that allows obtaining it for those conditions and a reliable reference that can be cited in a paper.
    Can anyone help, please?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted