Data on the Velocity of the Celestial Bodies Orbiting a Galaxy

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
ecastro
Messages
249
Reaction score
8
I am currently researching about the behavior of dark matter and their possible characteristics, and I am needing the individual velocities of the bodies orbiting a center of a galaxy. The collection of data where physicists hypothesized the existence of Dark Matter. Where can I find these data? If ever possible.

Thank you in advance.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
ecastro said:
I am currently researching about the behavior of dark matter and their possible characteristics, and I am needing the individual velocities of the bodies orbiting a center of a galaxy. The collection of data where physicists hypothesized the existence of Dark Matter. Where can I find these data? If ever possible.
In scientific publications. The references in this wikipedia article should be a good starting point.
 
Be sure to click on that link in the wiki for Vera Rubin. She seems an amazing researcher and receives far too little credit for the storm she caused.