David Morin's special relativity for the enthusiastic beginner

In summary, the person is having trouble finding the solutions to the exercises on page 49 and is considering posting them on a website for double checking. They are advised not to post them all in one thread to avoid confusion.
gtguhoij
1.8 Exercises page 49 I can't find the solutions to the questions. Where are they?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, since they're not in the book your going to have to work them out on your own and double-check your work to make sure you get them right.

Likes vanhees71
Would it be unreasonable if I post most them to this site to double check in the homework section?

So I can't find the answers anywhere online?

Likes PeroK
gtguhoij said:
Would it be unreasonable if I post most them to this site to double check in the homework section?

1606528771873.png

• Haha
Likes LCSphysicist and PeroK
gtguhoij said:
Yes, but don't post them all in one thread. It gets too confusing.

1. What is "David Morin's special relativity for the enthusiastic beginner"?

"David Morin's special relativity for the enthusiastic beginner" is a book that provides an introduction to the concepts of special relativity in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. It is written by physicist David Morin and is designed for those with little to no background in physics.

2. Who is the intended audience for this book?

The intended audience for this book is anyone with an interest in understanding the basics of special relativity. It is particularly helpful for beginners who have little to no prior knowledge of physics.

3. What topics are covered in "David Morin's special relativity for the enthusiastic beginner"?

This book covers a range of topics related to special relativity, including the principles of relativity, time dilation, length contraction, the Lorentz transformation, and the twin paradox. It also includes a number of examples and exercises to help readers better understand the concepts.

4. Is this book suitable for self-study?

Yes, this book is suitable for self-study. It is written in a clear and accessible style, making it easy for readers to understand the concepts without the need for a teacher or tutor.

5. Are there any prerequisites for reading this book?

No, there are no prerequisites for reading this book. However, a basic understanding of algebra and geometry may be helpful in understanding some of the mathematical concepts presented in the book.