DDR 140 pin and 248 pin DIMMs and they look the same

  • Thread starter Thread starter biferi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
biferi
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
I am looking at photos on google for DDR 140 pin and 248 pin DIMMs and they look the same.

The both have two notches on both the right and left sides and the pins on the bottum have the same notch in the same place I think.

Am I right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The notch at the bottom is not in the same place. A DDR module won't fit in a DDR2 socket.

220px-Desktop_DDR_Memory_Comparison.svg.png
 
Thanks you for the help but one thing are DDR3 memory 4 inch Long and DDR 1 and 2 memory are 3 inch Long?
 
Is it really so difficult to use google?

http://www.simmtester.com/page/news/showpubnews.asp?num=168
 
When I look at your pictures off DDR memory the Notch on the DDR and DDR2 are in the same place.
But on Wiki. it says DDR and DDR2 have the Notch into diferant places.

is the photos you sent me off a websitye?
 
biferi said:
When I look at your pictures off DDR memory the Notch on the DDR and DDR2 are in the same place.
But on Wiki. it says DDR and DDR2 have the Notch into diferant places.

is the photos you sent me off a websitye?
Look closer at the dashed lines on AlephZero's DDR picture. The notches are not lined up exactly.
 
I see it now thanks but I did go to Wiki. and look to see if I can see how Long in inch DDr 1 and 2 are but can not find it?
 
DDR 1 and DDR 2 have not the same notches, it is up to 2-3 milimetars different.