Sinus infection: vodka and Fresca for relief?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
127 replies · 16K views
Moonbear said:
But is the trade-off that all her joints will swell up and turn purple? :rolleyes:

Are you still sick today, Evo? *pours Nyquil and Near Beer into Evo's computer* That's supposed to be better than chicken soup. :approve: :smile:

Not MY chicken soup! It can cure a cold from 20 miles away! It has turnips, parsnips, celery root, carrots, cauliflower, and turnip tops. A combination like that will cure anything!

:)

Zz.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Not MY chicken soup! It can cure a cold from 20 miles away! It has turnips, parsnips, celery root, carrots, cauliflower, and turnip tops. A combination like that will cure anything!

:)

Zz.
Mmmm...sounds yummy. I think I feel a sniffle coming on. :biggrin:
 
ZapperZ said:
Not MY chicken soup! It can cure a cold from 20 miles away! It has turnips, parsnips, celery root, carrots, cauliflower, and turnip tops. A combination like that will cure anything!

:)

Zz.
Wait! I'll send you some of my habenero peppers. You can feel that fire surging through your skin! :-p I gave some to my neighbor, and he said they were about the hottest thing he'd ever tried. :biggrin: :cool: I have saved seeds for next season. :-p
 
Last edited:
I had made salsa this summer (inspired by you and turbo in the Food Thread) that ended up pretty wimpy, so I got a bunch of habanero peppers and roasted them and added them to it! I like spicy food, but that was above and beyond what I could tolerate. A few bites and I thought I was on fire. I ended up having to cheat and add tomato paste to it to cut the heat to tolerable levels, which defeated the purpose of fresh salsa. :rolleyes: I had a bit of the "stock" batch left though, and just made guacamole with it (it's my cheater version of guacamole where I just add salsa to avocado and mash it all together)...now that was tasty guacamole! I regretted it a bit the next day, but that was just the way to deal with the heat.

Anyway, yeah, habaneros will definitely clear up any sinus troubles!

And...*cough*...I repeat in case Zz didn't hear the first time...I think I feel a sniffle coming on. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
I'm sick! :cry:

I'm dying. Sore throat, lungs are filled, in pain. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I want sympathy, dammit!

I don't even know where this came from. :frown:
Sympathy[/color][/size]

Feel better soon.
Look on the bright side.
You're not on vacation 2000mi from home.
 
Moonbear said:
I had made salsa this summer (inspired by you and turbo in the Food Thread) that ended up pretty wimpy, so I got a bunch of habanero peppers and roasted them and added them to it! I like spicy food, but that was above and beyond what I could tolerate. A few bites and I thought I was on fire. I ended up having to cheat and add tomato paste to it to cut the heat to tolerable levels, which defeated the purpose of fresh salsa. :rolleyes: I had a bit of the "stock" batch left though, and just made guacamole with it (it's my cheater version of guacamole where I just add salsa to avocado and mash it all together)...now that was tasty guacamole! I regretted it a bit the next day, but that was just the way to deal with the heat.

Anyway, yeah, habaneros will definitely clear up any sinus troubles!

And...*cough*...I repeat in case Zz didn't hear the first time...I think I feel a sniffle coming on. :biggrin:

You're welcome to come over anytime for the chicken soup, Moonbie. You know that! [I wonder if anyone has ever done a chicken soup party?]

As for the habanero, it and scotch bonnet peppers are two of the hottest peppers in the world - the other one that would be in the same category is the small Thai chilli peppers (chilli padi). So you certainly don't want to use even half as much as you think you need. When you make jerk chicken, you don't want to break the peppers at all during the marinating process or else the whole dish would kill a small child.

Zz.
 
I like to chop or mince one of my habenero peppers and put it in soup. :smile:

I actually ate one of my Hot Portugal peppers - it felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach - then the fire erupted. :biggrin: Seriously, I didn't think it was going to be that hot.
 
A chicken soup party sounds kinda fun actually, mostly because it's different. Good for a cold winter day! Or just a soup party...have everyone bring their favorite homemade soups, and put out a lot of small bowls so they can taste a little of each, and supply good, fresh bread to go with it. A nice luncheon type idea. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could even serve little finger sandwiches with it (soup and a sandwich).

I know a couple people who often skip dinner invitations because they're picky eaters (pretty much just eat really plain foods...they're the native West Virginians who pretty much just go for meat and potatoes type meals), but I bet a luncheon featuring soup and bread would be to their liking. Also good for the few tee-totalers who aren't into the cocktail party type idea.

I may have to do that this winter! :approve: Maybe in January when everyone is in the post-holiday, New Year's resolution diet mode, so won't want to go to any dinner parties and overeat. Soup would be perfect.