Decipher the Message in this Image

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation is about trying to decrypt a graphic with a message. The first person is having trouble accessing the photo and suggests trying a different method. The second person mentions that the graphic needs to be approved by moderators first. They suggest trying again later or hosting it themselves. The third person guesses the message and the second person explains how they decoded it using frequency analysis and substitutions. The third person comments on the choice of the phrase and the second person explains their reasoning for using it.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
See if you can decrypt the message in this graphic:http://www.davesbrain.ca/miscpix/code.gif"

Attachments

• code.gif
    code.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Umm - it says I don't have sufficient priviledges to access the photo. Can you maybe post it in a different way or tell my computer to stop being insane?

Or, is that the decryption process you're talking about? I try to look at it and it never opens..

I believe it has to first be approved by moderators. This is the case in the General Discussion forum.

Try again later. If still not, I'll poke a moderator about it.

Edit: Never mind, I decided to just host it myself. See first post for link.

Last edited:
Is it "all your base are belong to us"?

You tell me. Are you guessing?

DaveC426913 said:
You tell me. Are you guessing?
How would guess that? No, I used the frequencies shown on http://www.prism.net/user/dcowley/analysub.html" (among others) and did a few substitutions until something started to make sense. Well, as much sense as this famous quote can make. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I figured it would be solved backwards. I should have chosen a less well-known phrase to defeat that. I was hoping it would be solved by figuring out the cypher.

1. What is the purpose of deciphering messages in images?

Deciphering messages in images allows us to uncover hidden or encrypted information, which can be crucial in various fields such as cryptography, intelligence gathering, and security.

2. How do scientists decipher messages in images?

Scientists use a variety of techniques such as steganography, frequency analysis, and pattern recognition to decipher messages in images. These techniques involve analyzing the visual elements of an image to reveal hidden patterns or messages.

3. Why is it important to decipher messages in images?

Deciphering messages in images is important because it can reveal important information that may have been hidden intentionally. This information can be used for various purposes such as solving crimes, detecting fraud, or uncovering secrets.

4. Can any image be deciphered?

No, not all images can be deciphered. Some images may not have any hidden messages or patterns, while others may have highly complex encryption that cannot be deciphered with current technology.

5. What are some real-world applications of deciphering messages in images?

Deciphering messages in images has various real-world applications, including military and intelligence operations, forensic investigations, and data protection. It can also be used in art analysis and restoration to uncover hidden details in paintings or photographs.