Decision maker equation (comparing 3 variables)

In summary, there is no single equation that can accurately determine the best product among the given options. This is because the concept of "best" is subjective and cannot be reduced to a simple mathematical formula. However, you can use multi objective optimization techniques to find a set of Pareto optimal values, from which you can make a trade-off decision based on your specific criteria and priorities. Ultimately, the best product will depend on your own judgment and reasoning, rather than a formulaic approach.
Saud92
I want to create an equation to make decision on the best product that i want to be the best for example:

I have this 4 products:
- product1: lives 1 months, quality 70%, people rating 50%
- product2: lives 2 months, quality 60%, people rating 60%
- product3: lives 3 months, quality 50%, people rating 60%
- product4: lives 10 months, quality 40%, people rating 40%

how can i make an equation so from this equation i can choose product3 as the best choose for customers?

i can't create a relation between these choose based on what in my view is the best

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Usually you will have an equation that could be optimized, i.e. how is your goal related to lifetime, quality and rating? Which are the weights of them in a solution you would call optimal?

You have to find some quantitative way to define "best decision", based on what is a good decision, not based on the products you have.

Starting with the conclusion "product 3 is best" sounds like manipulation. I don't think there is a linear relation that has this result, and if you can make arbitrary relations just say "3 months is best" and you are done...

This is called multi objective optimization. Multi objective optimization does not return a single optimal value, it returns a set of Pareto optimal values. This set is already Pareto optimal.

Choosing between Pareto optimal values requires some trade-off between competing objectives. Weighted optimization tries to capture that trade off, but it is subjective.

If you believe that product 3 is the best then just explain why. Any mathematical formula would just be based on that explanation.

1. What is the "Decision Maker Equation"?

The Decision Maker Equation is a mathematical formula used to compare three variables and determine the best course of action or decision. It takes into account the relative importance of each variable and assigns a score to each option, allowing the decision maker to make an informed and logical choice.

2. How does the equation work?

The equation takes into account the weight or importance of each variable, as determined by the decision maker. The weights are multiplied by the corresponding values for each option, and then the scores for each option are added together. The option with the highest score is considered the best choice.

3. Can the equation be used for any type of decision?

Yes, the equation can be used for any decision that involves three variables. It is commonly used in business, economics, and other fields where decisions need to be made based on multiple factors.

4. How do I determine the weights for each variable?

The weights are determined by the decision maker and can vary depending on the situation. It is important to carefully consider the importance of each variable and assign weights accordingly. The weights should add up to 1 or 100%, with higher weights given to more important variables.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Decision Maker Equation?

While the equation can be a useful tool in decision making, it is important to keep in mind that it is based on the weights and values assigned by the decision maker. It is also important to use accurate and relevant data for the variables in order to get an accurate result. Additionally, the equation does not take into account emotional or ethical considerations, which may also play a role in decision making.