Definition of finite size, radiative and weak magnetism corrections

In summary, the conversation is about seeking a simple explanation of finite size correction, radiative correction, and weak magnetism correction and their impacts on the beta spectrum for someone who is not a physics major. The OP is working on beta spectrum calculation for nuclear engineering and is looking for help at the post-graduate level. They have also asked for any links or resources that could be helpful in understanding these concepts.
angweieng
TL;DR Summary
The simple explanation of these corrections and their impact on beta spectrum.
Hi all,

I would like to understand the definition of finite size correction, radiative correction and weak magnetism correction, with their impacts on the beta spectrum. I'm not a physics student, thus I would like to seek for a help about the simple explanation that can be understand by non-physics major.

Any help is really appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
angweieng said:
I'm not a physics student, thus I would like to seek for a help about the simple explanation that can be understand by non-physics major.
You have, however, posted this as an A-level thread, which suggests responses at the physics post-graduate level.

What subject is your major?

Nuclear engineering. I'm working on beta spectrum calculation and I saw a lot of these term from journal papers.

Likes vanhees71 and PeroK
As it stands, your question is pretty open. Could you share a link or two to journal articles or papers you are looking at? To the readers of the thread, is there anyone with a nuclear engineering background who could be pinged that might be more helpful in the specific application of the OP's questions?

What is the definition of finite size corrections?

Finite size corrections refer to the adjustments that need to be made in calculations or measurements when dealing with systems that are not infinitely large. These corrections account for the fact that the properties of a system may be affected by its size, and therefore need to be taken into consideration for accurate results.

What are radiative corrections in magnetism?

Radiative corrections in magnetism refer to the effects of electromagnetic radiation on the magnetic properties of a system. These corrections take into account the interactions between the magnetic field and the radiation, which can lead to changes in the magnetic behavior of the system.

What is the significance of weak magnetism corrections?

Weak magnetism corrections are important in understanding the behavior of systems with weak magnetic fields. These corrections take into account the interactions between the weak magnetic field and other properties of the system, such as spin and charge, to accurately describe its behavior.

How do finite size corrections affect experimental results?

Finite size corrections can have a significant impact on experimental results, especially when dealing with systems that are not infinitely large. These corrections can lead to changes in the measured properties of a system, and must be taken into consideration for accurate and reliable results.

What is the role of radiative and weak magnetism corrections in theoretical models?

Radiative and weak magnetism corrections play a crucial role in theoretical models of magnetic systems. These corrections help to refine and improve the accuracy of these models by taking into account the effects of radiation and weak magnetic fields, which can have a significant impact on the behavior of the system.