Demand Educational Programming: Say No to Gold Diggers & Storage Wars

In summary: It sounds like you either don't have cable TV or you don't watch the "educational" programs that are on it. Maybe the truth is that tv's & cable are more affordable today then back when...the viewing population were comparatively more "well to do" & presumably more educated.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Keep your discovery programs to your selves, we are having to suffer things like, American chopper
gold diggers, storage wars etc etc.
Give us some educational programs please.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Keep your discovery programs to your selves, we are having to suffer things like, American chopper
Hey Woolie! What, you don't appreciate our fine programming such as Swamp People, My big Redneck Vacation, Bridezillas, Pregnant and dating...

How do you know this isn't quality programming if you aren't watching?

How dare you ask us to give you educational programming! I'll take my pointless celebrity reality television, child beauty pageants, and pregnant 16 year olds over Mastermind and Mock the Week any day!

In all honesty, at least there's always The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Evo said:
Hey Woolie! What, you don't appreciate our fine programming such as Swamp People, My big Redneck Vacation, Bridezillas, Pregnant and dating...
I live in a small southern town where the local newspaper had a front page story about a local resident who was on one of the various "redneck" programs?

I'm working a new series entitled, "Across the USA with DiracPool and his pet steer" Sure to be a hit

Cancel your television service and all the stupidity goes away.

Well...I guess you can't do anything about the stupidity out in the real world, but at least it won't be broadcasting into your living room.

wolram said:

You misunderstand. For a huge swath of the American populace, these ARE educational programs. You should check out the stats on the number of Americans who believe in ghosts, alien encounters, and other such crap.

Once the final season of Breaking Bad is done airing this year, I will lose every reason to watch television.

EricVT said:
Cancel your television service and all the stupidity goes away.

Well...I guess you can't do anything about the stupidity out in the real world, but at least it won't be broadcasting into your living room.

Sounds good on paper, Eric, but then you'd be worried about all the stupidity you're missing.

Lavabug said:
Once the final season of Breaking Bad is done airing this year, I will lose every reason to watch television.

You mean the final half season.

phinds said:
You misunderstand. For a huge swath of the American populace, these ARE educational programs. You should check out the stats on the number of Americans who believe in ghosts, alien encounters, and other such crap.

Seems perpetual doesn't? :smile: a kinda of "reverse education".

Maybe the truth is that tv's & cable are more affordable today then back when...the viewing population were comparatively more "well to do" & presumably more educated.

Are you sure you want American educational TV programs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5LoCLGMdQ

SW VandeCarr said:
Are you sure you want American educational TV programs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5LoCLGMdQ

Lol, they actually had that same question on the GRE I took...and I got it wrong:confused:

Related to Demand Educational Programming: Say No to Gold Diggers & Storage Wars

1. What is the purpose of Demand Educational Programming: Say No to Gold Diggers & Storage Wars?

The purpose of this programming is to educate viewers on the harmful effects of reality shows that promote materialism and greed, specifically focusing on shows like Gold Diggers and Storage Wars.

2. Why is it important to say no to these types of shows?

These shows perpetuate negative stereotypes and values, promoting the idea that success is measured by wealth and possessions. They also exploit individuals for entertainment and can lead to excessive consumerism.

3. How can we demand educational programming?

We can demand educational programming by speaking out against these types of shows, supporting alternative programming that promotes positive values, and advocating for stricter regulations on reality TV.

4. What are the potential consequences of supporting shows like Gold Diggers and Storage Wars?

The consequences include perpetuating harmful stereotypes, promoting materialism and greed, and contributing to a culture of excessive consumerism. These shows also exploit individuals for entertainment and can have a negative impact on mental health and self-esteem.

5. What are some alternative forms of educational programming that can be supported?

There are many alternative forms of educational programming that promote positive values and provide valuable information and knowledge. These can include documentaries, educational series, and shows that focus on personal growth and development.