Density of Air in the Mesosphere?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter thedan16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Density
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
thedan16
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
How is air density calculated?

I can't seem to find any tables for the mesosphere.

There are some calculators online that base it on height, but I'm not sure if they'll be accurate.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Check out this page:

http://www.atmosculator.com/The%20Standard%20Atmosphere.html?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thedan16 said:
How is air density calculated?

I can't seem to find any tables for the mesosphere.

There are some calculators online that base it on height, but I'm not sure if they'll be accurate.
You use the ideal gas law ρ=(pM)/(RT). So you need to know the pressure and the temperature. Values of these are tabulated in the US Standard Atmosphere.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person