Finding water density at 150°C and 600 psi with CO2 gas

  • Thread starter Thread starter abhipatel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density Psi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
abhipatel
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Can anyone please show me how to look up Density of H20 @ 150 C & 600 psi pressure (Co2)...

I found a water table which shows 916.69 kg/m^3 but it does not show anything @ pressure. Isnt density related to both pressure & temp.?

What would be the difference in density if No gas was there and is gas was there?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Unless you need some very accurate data you may safely assume water is incompressible. If my tables don't fail me and I read them correctly, at 150 deg C pressure of water vapor is around 5 atm.

--
 
This question really belongs in the mechancial engineering section.

You need a set of steam tables as the substance you are referring to is water at 600psi and 150 degC is a two phase system of water and dry steam.

I'm sorry I don't have these values covered in my available tables tonight.

Why the mixed units metric and imperial by the way?
 
Studiot said:
You need a set of steam tables as the substance you are referring to is water at 600psi and 150 degC is a two phase system of water and dry steam.

No. Have you read my post? I have specifically addressed this problem - not directly, but precisely enough.

--