Derivative of (t-1)^1/2*(t^-2) using product rule

  • Thread starter Thread starter laker_gurl3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Derivative
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
laker_gurl3
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
(t-1)^1/2*(t^-2)

I hope you guys can understand what I am trying to say up there... SO i did the product rule, and my answer was this.. lemmi know if it's correct...thanks a bunch.

(t-1)^-1/2 t^-3 { -3/2t +2 }

That was my answer...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I get

[tex]\frac{1}{2}\left[(t-1)^{-\frac{1}{2}}\right] t^{-3} \left(4-3t\right)[/tex]

Which is the same thing,so everything is okay. :smile:

Daniel.

P.S.Lakers missed the play-offs :wink:
 
Last edited:
is this what you trying to differentiate - [tex](t-1)^{\frac{t^2}{2}}[/tex] or is this
[tex](t-1)^{\frac{1}{2}} \frac{t^2}{2}[/tex]
 
dextercioby said:
Nope.

[tex](t-1)^{\frac{1}{2}} t^{-2}[/tex]

Daniel.
I can see where the [tex]\frac{1}{2}\left[(t-1)^{-\frac{1}{2}}\right][/tex] came from but the [tex]t^{-3} \left(4-3t\right)[/tex] has lost me. What did you do to get that because I would have just done [tex]-2t^{-3}[/tex]

The Bob (2004 ©)