Design of assembly line for two (particle) robots

In summary, the Assembly of Parts project is to create a sketch of a robot assembly line based on a picture and a subject.
Andreii
Hello everyone, how its going.

Lately I have got a project to do for Assembly Of Parts with two robots. Firstly I have been thinking about some tutorials on network but haven't found much. I know bigger companies, that for sure have robots in their industries, might have details about their assembly lines on the sites but nothing useful so far. I was thinking what I have to refer to so I would be able to draw (it can be a sketch only but of course technical correctly made) the correct assembly line. So far I came to this picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/mont2-1.jpg
I believe this is OK. Here you can see two robots, dimensions (..., how far can the arms go: 1378mm, 1717mm,...) are given. Between those two robots I try to design (draw) the assembly line for them.
Besides this picture, I also have the following subject: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/mont3.jpg
Here confuses me, I believe the most important data, how assembly line is placed. As it says it matters of horizontal (assembly line) and vertical (electric power) movement. But how could I refer to this while making a sketch so I can draw it depending ON this kind of movements (placements of assembly line)?

I know I need to make a list of elements that compile (all together) assembly line and revision of equipment for it too but this comes after the whole sketch is done.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, where to begin or some good tutorials?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi. Ok I have finally found some useful online subjects on google that helps with creating this project. I drew a presketch (without dimensions yet) that explains me better so I will draw the sketch easier. Presketch is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/pic9.jpg
Should be the arms of both robots longer - I personally wouldn't draw them longer since its obvious that one of the next robot's movement will be to put (or to remove) the article on the assembly line.
Also do I have to create any legs of the line or is it OK?
Besides dimensions, I still have to add numbers of parts so i can do the Part List.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does the design of an assembly line for two robots differ from a traditional assembly line?

The design of an assembly line for two robots would typically involve two parallel lines, with each robot working on a specific task simultaneously. This differs from a traditional assembly line where one robot or worker would be responsible for completing each task in sequence.

2. What factors should be considered when designing an assembly line for two robots?

Factors such as the size and capabilities of the robots, the complexity of the assembly process, and the required speed and precision should be taken into account when designing an assembly line for two robots. Additionally, the layout and placement of the robots and the materials being assembled should also be considered.

3. How can the assembly line be optimized for efficiency and productivity?

To optimize the assembly line for efficiency and productivity, the robots should be programmed to work in sync and minimize any idle time. The layout and placement of the robots should be carefully planned to reduce the time and distance required for them to complete their tasks. Regular maintenance and updates to the robots' software can also improve overall efficiency.

4. Is it possible for the robots to collaborate and work together on certain tasks?

Yes, it is possible for the robots to collaborate and work together on certain tasks. This can be achieved through the use of sensors and programming that allows the robots to communicate and coordinate their actions. However, this also depends on the complexity of the assembly process and the capabilities of the robots.

5. How can potential safety hazards be addressed in the design of the assembly line?

Potential safety hazards should be carefully considered and addressed in the design of the assembly line. This can include implementing safety protocols and features such as emergency stop buttons, safety barriers, and sensors that can detect when a human enters the workspace. Regular risk assessments should also be conducted to identify and mitigate any potential hazards.